• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Goetz1965

Driving the shortcut Danasan - what google doesnt show you in maps

Goetz1965

Last week we were to Danasan Eco Adventure park (and Carmen Safaripark) - about that I will text the next days a bit more.

Using Google Maps usually I took the shortest route as I didn't want to spend my time on Nautical Highway - lol
The shortcut rund from Talamban thru Asturias to Danasan - and it was the adventures 1st part - luckily I now have a Montero Sport with higher ground clearance - ths route is definitely NOT for regular city cars ! 
And if it had rained more I definitly had stopped as the Montero only has rear-wheel drive - and I wouldn't suggest driving that roads when slippery without 4-wheel drive.
I got stuck only once luckily at an uphill part but luckily there were people around to help.

The video is 47min long (no sound) and shows nicely what google maps doesn't tell you awaits you in the province: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Alfred E. Neuman

You have a guide?

A_Simple_Man

What google doesnt show you in maps . . . .  is what Living in Cebu shows you when you follow all the threads.  And its why we have this little forum instead of just Googling.  As you can tell from the following thread, you did not have to take the detour.  You could have driven around the roadblocks like all the locals and gone over the bridge.  But fortunately you had fun and made a good video to explain why I asked on here about the bridge in past posts

soupeod
4 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Last week we were to Danasan Eco Adventure park (and Carmen Safaripark) - about that I will text the next days a bit more.

Using Google Maps usually I took the shortest route as I didn't want to spend my time on Nautical Highway - lol
The shortcut rund from Talamban thru Asturias to Danasan - and it was the adventures 1st part - luckily I now have a Montero Sport with higher ground clearance - ths route is definitely NOT for regular city cars ! 
And if it had rained more I definitly had stopped as the Montero only has rear-wheel drive - and I wouldn't suggest driving that roads when slippery without 4-wheel drive.
I got stuck only once luckily at an uphill part but luckily there were people around to help.

The video is 47min long (no sound) and shows nicely what google maps doesn't tell you awaits you in the province: 

Looks like a fun trip, thanks for sharing.

Busted Dick

As a person who regularly drives on provincial and mountain roads, I watched the whole video and enjoyed it, thank you.  I seriously must have too much time on my hands though!  Particularly liked the bit where you were following the 3 caribao.

govoner

Did this trip in reverse a few years ago on one of our Green Trail rides

Was a bit more muddy and a great ride

• Like 1

to_dave007
6 hours ago, Busted Dick said:

Particularly liked the bit where you were following the 3 caribao.

These are carabao... The three in the video were some other kind of "cow" breed that you see out in the country quite a bit.  Not used so much for heavy work as the carabao.

DSCN1916.thumb.JPG.fc2ff7439f95103272989a6c60a71433.JPG

DSCN1896.thumb.JPG.fc5d7735534aa737b0ff65ef5a431524.JPG

DSCN2156.thumb.JPG.141be7ae6a4eaf29902f58cc41cd68dc.JPG

Busted Dick
5 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

These are carabao... The three in the video were some other kind of "cow" breed that you see out in the country quite a bit.  Not used so much for heavy work as the carabao.

DSCN1916.thumb.JPG.fc2ff7439f95103272989a6c60a71433.JPG

DSCN2156.thumb.JPG.141be7ae6a4eaf29902f58cc41cd68dc.JPG

Yup, I don't know why I called them carabao cos I know they are not!  Thanks for the reply in any case.

• Like 1

Chris24

Looks like a fun and scenic day trip if you have the right vehicle.

RogerDat

I watched it for I think 28 min. What a boring ride. Poor people who live there, no sign of water, garden, or children.

GBT62
On 5/14/2018 at 6:36 PM, to_dave007 said:

I think that's me on the morning after my 50th :beer: -  the doghouse is just out of shot.

I'd better check my facebook pics security settings :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1