• Commercial Banner Advertisers

rep1
Posted (edited)

Where can I have a drink in the morning (outside of my office of course)? Not beer. Vodka, cocktail or something never heard of. Coffee cocktail would be great - Quest removed theirs. 

No hotel around the area? Waterfront looks too expensive.

Edited by rep1
Fix title

Enuff
Where can I have a drink in the morning (outside of my office of course)? Not beer. Vodka, cocktail or something never heard of. Coffee cocktail would be great - Quest removed theirs. 
No hotel around the area? Waterfront looks too expensive.
The Park Social is open 24 hours

Otherwise go to market and buy Kalufa like the other winos.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

CommanderData

In addition to The Park Social, there is "Pipeline" which is in the back of the garden area next to the parking lot and the Pyramid. They should be open 24 hours, people were drinking there when I walked by at 7AM before :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rep1
21 minutes ago, Enuff said:

The Park Social is open 24 hours

Otherwise go to market and buy Kalufa like the other winos.

What's Kalufa??

BossHog
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, rep1 said:

What's Kalufa??

Think he meant Kulafu. It's rot-got Chinese medicinal wino wine that sells for about 30 pacers a bottle. Not sure it's the best way to start the day..

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.d628de54395fbaee9513828738e1a575.jpg

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

jtmwatchbiz
16 minutes ago, CommanderData said:

people were drinking there when I walked by at 7AM before :lol:

hot damn and here i feel like i'm on the ragged edge of self-indulgent decadence when sometimes i walk down the street to the corner coffee shop early mornings and get me a cup.  i gotta up my game and get together with rep1.  :biggrin_01:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

CardiacKid
2 hours ago, CommanderData said:

They should be open 24 hours, people were drinking there when I walked by at 7AM before :lol:

Can you see the Ceres busses go by? You could bet on the numbers of the buses (2-"3"s, 4-"5"s) etc. The loser buys the round. Of course, he who passes out first buys all the rounds until his wallet is empty. Naps longer than 20 minutes could be cause to pay also.

• Like 2

rep1
6 hours ago, CardiacKid said:

Can you see the Ceres busses go by? You could bet on the numbers of the buses (2-"3"s, 4-"5"s) etc. The loser buys the round. Of course, he who passes out first buys all the rounds until his wallet is empty. Naps longer than 20 minutes could be cause to pay also.

are you suggesting one can take a nap in the game without passing out? set alarm in 19 minutes and continue?

• Haha 1

Enuff
are you suggesting one can take a nap in the game without passing out? set alarm in 19 minutes and continue?
If you're concerned about napping maybe drinking ain't your game, try bingo.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

rep1
4 hours ago, Enuff said:

If you're concerned about napping maybe drinking ain't your game, try bingo.

napping is sleep yes?

How can you not lose for napping??

13 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

hot damn and here i feel like i'm on the ragged edge of self-indulgent decadence when sometimes i walk down the street to the corner coffee shop early mornings and get me a cup.  i gotta up my game and get together with rep1.  :biggrin_01:

LOL it fits the environment here.

Not weather, though, really too hot after 8am. Took whisky and walked 2 miles under the sun, almost killed myself.

• Like 1

Monsoon

You young whipper snappers should consider yourselves lucky. Back when I worked the graveyard shift in Cebu, apart from walking to work uphill (both ways), there wasn't shit open all night for drinks except for the occasional sari sari that sold warm Red Horse and that god forsaken Kiwi Lodge for breakfast. They had cold beer of course - and every alcoholic expat who wasn't working graveyard there for morning beers. 

rep1
4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

You young whipper snappers should consider yourselves lucky. Back when I worked the graveyard shift in Cebu, apart from walking to work uphill (both ways), there wasn't shit open all night for drinks except for the occasional sari sari that sold warm Red Horse and that god forsaken Kiwi Lodge for breakfast. They had cold beer of course - and every alcoholic expat who wasn't working graveyard there for morning beers. 

that's before IT park was built? Must be awfully hard life. I would have run back without second thought!

Why did you work in the graveyard?? any creepy story to share? :D 

Monsoon
3 hours ago, rep1 said:

that's before IT park was built?

Before IT park, yes. 

3 hours ago, rep1 said:

Why did you work in the graveyard?

US business hours in the PH. 7PM-7AM. 

3 hours ago, rep1 said:

any creepy story to share?

Too many. 

• Like 1

rep1
On 5/11/2018 at 12:37 AM, Monsoon said:

Too many. 

Please do! :D 

baby43

Good to everyone from Australia, I would recommend the Park Social at IT Park , back In February my wife and myself spent a wonderful afternoon with Enuff, nice setting open 24 hours nice food and the staff very nice as well. Another thing i like about the Park Social they had the cleanest toilets I have seen in a bar in the Philippines.

I also tried that Kalufa once tasted like shit, you would have to be desperate to drink that stuff, anyway drinking in the Philippines is very cheap compared to here in Australia no need to drink that stuff.