Beautiful lady and a great post!

• Like 4

TequilaSunset

Thank you, I feel pretty lucky

Beautiful lady and a great post!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

soupeod

Nice post and a good looking couple! Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

oztony
2 hours ago, soupeod said:

Nice post and a good looking couple! Thanks for sharing. 

A couple of nice couples in those shots ...the red horse and lechon looked pretty darn good also..........:lol:

• Like 5

Dafey

Great insight TS! Thanks for sharing.

5 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

FLOWERS: I bought her the very first flowers she has received. I got more thank you's for those than anything ever! Such a simple thing meant so much to her! Really cute watching her take selfies with them.

Let's hope word doesn't get out or we'll all have to do this!!!

Actually, I agree with you, the simplest things make Filipinos happy and it's fun to be the instigator.

MY ATTITUDE: Feeling like I am more relaxed, just accepting things as they are, and not getting overly worked up on the tiny details. I actually seem to have more patience than my GF

Probably the most important advice you can give potential Cebunaughts...relax. you're not in the "mother country" and things are just plain different.

I can see me living here,

Do it !!! I also highly recommend retirement!

One thing I notice from your writing is that the GF and family seem very proud that she's dating you. That means you're a good guy and carry the respect of the family and the Filipinos you meet. There are some Expats in my vicinity that carry the "Typical Foreigner" paradigm to an extreme and it's embarrassing to be associated with them...so I try not to!

Where in the province are you?

• Like 1

Kabisay-an gid
7 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

IMG_20180505_205129302_LL.jpg

Screenshot_20180504-230633.png

She looks like a keeper to me!  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

TequilaSunset

Alegria, near St Joseph's Parrish, just passed Kawasan Falls. The family is super nice but very shy. The kids yell Bruce as they pass by, her work mates were all very nice and accepting of me... I feel part of the herd instead of the next meal.

Great insight TS! Thanks for sharing.

Do it !!! I also highly recommend retirement!

One thing I notice from your writing is that the GF and family seem very proud that she's dating you. That means you're a good guy and carry the respect of the family and the Filipinos you meet. There are some Expats in my vicinity that carry the "Typical Foreigner" paradigm to an extreme and it's embarrassing to be associated with them...so I try not to!

Where in the province are you?

I'm thinking so. We have our moments like any couple, but when we are together it's pretty damn effortless... It just works. It's the time away that causes issues.

She looks like a keeper to me!  

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick

Thankyou but not sure why you need to tip taxi drivers.

By the way, walking can often be quicker than riding in a taxi, so I mostly walk these days.

• Like 2

TequilaSunset
Thankyou but not sure why you need to tip taxi drivers.
By the way, walking can often be quicker than riding in a taxi, so I mostly walk these days.

Because at the moment I can afford to do so. I've lived on a day to day basis before, where a few tips really helped. I see nothing wrong in tipping when I feel the urge.

Walking to IT Park from the Quest is not faster, and also way more sweaty and riskier.

• Like 2

Jim Sibbick

Thankyou but Quest to IT park is such a short distance I would only consider a taxi if it was raining. 

TequilaSunset

I have the opportunity to take my GF to work and pick her up in a aircon taxi... And spend more quality time with her. It's a no-brainer to me.

Thankyou but Quest to IT park is such a short distance I would only consider a taxi if it was raining. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Salty Dog
47 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

Is that because you like to walk or like to save P50.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

newtocebu

Thanks for your post mate

You have a great attitude - very much required for long term living in the Phils

• Like 3

softail

Your post was really refreshing.  I like your attitude, so many give the impression that they are some how a celebrity and above the locals. It sounds at least at the present time that she has a great family that aren’t looking for a cash cow, that is so important. 

• Like 3