• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Dafey

@RR3 Well you are certainly in one of the most protected areas of the Philippines from Typhoon.

An issue arises during the aftermath of a Super Storm and the collapse of the infrastructure. Those in Cebu island did not get hit with the full force of Yolanda, (was it only 5 years ago the biggest Typhoon in recorded history?), but they surely felt a little of the repercussions.

Example: Ormoc, Leyte is the home to one of the only Geothermal electric plants in the world. It supplies electric as far as Cebu and Manila. If the plant is devastated by natural disaster the effects will be felt all over the country. You may not lose electric if you're in Dumagette but you will surely suffer more brown outs than usual.

Let's say you do lose power for a significant time. This may effect your water source from the municipality. You have a well? Good on you! I hope you are planning on sharing with your local community as they will be searching for water and will eventually resort to acquiring it at whatever means necessary. 

You've been a good neighbor and sharing your water but the added stress from so much of a draw on that well dries it up or it collapses. Now your out of water until the municipality gets back in business.

I won't even get into looting and pillaging when the police can't protect you.

Not trying to scare anyone...just putting out the facts. Prepare or watch the drama unfold and put your trust in the powers that be.

RR3
19 minutes ago, Dafey said:

@RR3 Well you are certainly in one of the most protected areas of the Philippines from Typhoon.

An issue arises during the aftermath of a Super Storm and the collapse of the infrastructure. Those in Cebu island did not get hit with the full force of Yolanda, (was it only 5 years ago the biggest Typhoon in recorded history?), but they surely felt a little of the repercussions.

Example: Ormoc, Leyte is the home to one of the only Geothermal electric plants in the world. It supplies electric as far as Cebu and Manila. If the plant is devastated by natural disaster the effects will be felt all over the country. You may not lose electric if you're in Dumagette but you will surely suffer more brown outs than usual.

Let's say you do lose power for a significant time. This may effect your water source from the municipality. You have a well? Good on you! I hope you are planning on sharing with your local community as they will be searching for water and will eventually resort to acquiring it at whatever means necessary. 

You've been a good neighbor and sharing your water but the added stress from so much of a draw on that well dries it up or it collapses. Now your out of water until the municipality gets back in business.

I won't even get into looting and pillaging when the police can't protect you.

Not trying to scare anyone...just putting out the facts. Prepare or watch the drama unfold and put your trust in the powers that be.

Duma or Valencia has geothermal power plant, capacity dont know.

You talking of disaster like in the movie 2012. Then I am Charlie Frost 😎

OT Still I am more concerned of the great leader of the free world than any natural phenomena