• Commercial Banner Advertisers

BossHog

Direct International Flights from Cebu or Davao

cookie47
Rumours says there might be a brand name change to Submarine Asia....

Joke---
Good one mate,
The article setting out all the issues With Air Asia makes good reading most of which i was alerted to having just left Perth.
Lifes a gamble. In 2014 Garuda was banned from Europe, (now reinstated). Qantas had a catastrophic engine failure in Singapore with a A380,For me there's no answer to the situation and just go with the flow.Ive been more concerned with a Sunray bus from Carcar to Argau onetime, or travelling from Negros in 1984, Toledo to Cebu when we were held up by the NPA. (Yes in a perfect world i would have chosen Silk Air.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

GBT62

These make interesting reading ....

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/accidents.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_airliners_by_airline

http://www.airsafe.com/airline.htm

Air Asia with 1 fatal crash in 20 years

China Airlines,  China Eastern Airlines, China Southern - 7 in 20 years combined

Singapore Airlines 2 in 20 years

PAL 1 in 20 years

Air France 4 in 20 years

Aeroflot 4 in 20 years

American Airlines 5 in 20 years

Garuda 3 in 20 years

Malaysia Airlines 3 in 20 years

United Airlines 3 in 20 years

Over many years of domestic AU flights and international flights I have had several delays for mechanical and safety reasons. The longest was 5 hours in Perth of which 3 hours were on the tarmac on a Qantas flight. Sure I missed my connecting flight MEL to BNE and was pissed on the day - but I prefer to be late than permanently so.

• Like 2

cookie47
These make interesting reading ....
http://www.planecrashinfo.com/accidents.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_airliners_by_airline
http://www.airsafe.com/airline.htm
Air Asia with 1 fatal crash in 20 years
China Airlines,  China Eastern Airlines, China Southern - 7 in 20 years combined
Singapore Airlines 2 in 20 years
PAL 1 in 20 years
Air France 4 in 20 years
Aeroflot 4 in 20 years
American Airlines 5 in 20 years
Garuda 3 in 20 years
Malaysia Airlines 3 in 20 years
United Airlines 3 in 20 years
Over many years of domestic AU flights and international flights I have had several delays for mechanical and safety reasons. The longest was 5 hours in Perth of which 3 hours were on the tarmac on a Qantas flight. Sure I missed my connecting flight MEL to BNE and was pissed on the day - but I prefer to be late than permanently so.

Good info thanks. We've been very lucky. Only one 3 hour delay in Singapore on Singapore Airlines/Silk Air, navigation fault.
I know its not safely related but got "bumped" off Emirates last year (overbooked) but got put on British Airways, (didn't matter, on holiday and arrival time the same)

Ozepete

Our family had nearly always used Singapore Airlines usually about 8 Melb - Cebu return each year. My wife visited her mum in March and I stuffed up the ticket by booking the wrong return date. I contacted SAL in Melbourne and after a lot of messing around they altered the return date but charged me Au$940.00.. From now on SAL can get stuffed, we will never fly with those bastards again. Just booked 5 Melb -Cebu flights via HK for family members in June,  so those greedy B's miss out big time. 

cookie47
Our family had nearly always used Singapore Airlines usually about 8 Melb - Cebu return each year. My wife visited her mum in March and I stuffed up the ticket by booking the wrong return date. I contacted SAL in Melbourne and after a lot of messing around they altered the return date but charged me Au$940.00.. From now on SAL can get stuffed, we will never fly with those bastards again. Just booked 5 Melb -Cebu flights via HK for family members in June,  so those greedy B's miss out big time. 

Jeez, $940,
Well we had a similar situation on our last visit in January.
We stopped over in Singapore on our return for a week as we have a Niece here. For the first time in my travels i got the departure day/time mixed up mainly due to the flight being 00.10 hours.I THINK, or old age.......
I got a reminder from Singapore Airlines that we needed to be at the airport but we had already gone to bed.No chance.
I rang them immediately and said i was SOOO sorry its my fault etc etc.I stuffed up. Can you help.
I got the most hard nosed call center bitch i could imagine. I said, any day. Anytime, i don't care, just get us back to Perth. SOMETIME, Yes sir that will cost you $900 EACH AS ITS A NO SHOW. I said its a bit rich calling it a no show as i rang you. I said i will call you back.
No it wont, i got my niece to book a flight with Qantas the next day for $1100.00 for both. I was told that you get a black mark for a no show, not sure if its true....

• Thanks 1

Ozepete
2 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Jeez, $940,
Well we had a similar situation on our last visit in January.
We stopped over in Singapore on our return for a week as we have a Niece here. For the first time in my travels i got the departure day/time mixed up mainly due to the flight being 00.10 hours.I THINK, or old age.......
I got a reminder from Singapore Airlines that we needed to be at the airport but we had already gone to bed.No chance.
I rang them immediately and said i was SOOO sorry its my fault etc etc.I stuffed up. Can you help.
I got the most hard nosed call center bitch i could imagine. I said, any day. Anytime, i don't care, just get us back to Perth. SOMETIME, Yes sir that will cost you $900 EACH AS ITS A NO SHOW. I said its a bit rich calling it a no show as i rang you. I said i will call you back.
No it wont, i got my niece to book a flight with Qantas the next day for $1100.00 for both. I was told that you get a black mark for a no show, not sure if its true....

They are a money hungry pack of A/ holes as far as I'm concerned. Just can't understand their thinking. If they slugged say 2 or 300 we would still be using them.

And like you say they know they've got you by the short and curleys, and treat you like crap.  They are the losers in the long run. Bloody crazy, greedy bastards.

SkyMan

And the topic is....