• Commercial Banner Advertisers

BossHog

Direct International Flights from Cebu or Davao

BossHog
Posted (edited)

Hoping to crowd source some travel tips here....

Told my missus I'd take her somewhere for a week or so. Just for a kind of getaway. Want only a direct flight and originating from either Cebu or Davao. Only other requirement is a place that has visa-free entry for Filipinos. Trying to make the trip as hassle-free as possible and save our energy for exploring our destination, so that rules out Manila (we both love spending time in the capital but it's just kind of far from where we live).

Have spent some of the morning and afternoon trying to find route maps from the above two cities but I'm not great at booking tickets and stuff. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find out who has direct international flights from Cebu or Davao? Can't seem to easily find route maps from those departure points.

We don't really care where we go and are happy with somewhere urban and/or somewhere more scenic. Not looking for a tourist beach though since we live on one and Thailand and Kota Kinabalu are out of the mix because we've already spent time in those places.

Thanks guys!

Edited by BossHog

Davaoeno

A couple of months ago we flew from Davao to KL with Air Asia for a very cheap rate. 

• Thanks 1

mexiwi

https://www.cebupacificair.com/en-au/pages/plan-trip/our-network/where-we-fly

Cebu Pacific have a fairly extensive network and probably the most international destinations out of Cebu and Davao.

Use that as a start then search for fares on something like skyscanner.com which should give you most of the airline options.

Best bets for a week out of Cebu would be Singapore, Hong Kong or KL. About your only option out of Davao is Singapore.

• Thanks 1

Ozepete

I don't understand why a Filippino carrier doesn't fly Davao / Darwin. Its a no brainer. From anywhere in Aus you can fly to Darwin then from Davao to where-ever in the Fils.  As it is now you either fly Aus to HK or Singers or Manilla or via Sydney then back to where-ever!

We spend half our bloody life going one step forward and two backwards and now these bastards have got us flying backwards. <_<

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oz Jon

An easy way to find that out is to Google the airport (Cebu//Davao, etc and see which airlines fly there.  Also look at the arrival/departure data on the airport website - That tells you who/when/where.

I happen to know a few airlines of interest;_ CebuPac you know, also AirAsia, Cathay, PAL, Tiger/Sing, JetstarAsia, ...maybe China/Vietnam airlines too?

Enjoy your trip.

• Thanks 1

Davaoeno

We fly around quite a bit. Air Asia is almost always cheaper than Cebu Pacific or PAL  these days.

Oz Jon
1 minute ago, Davaoeno said:

We fly around quite a bit. Air Asia is almost always cheaper than Cebu Pacific or PAL  these days.

They are frequently the cheapest, but their customer service gets a pretty bad wrap in reviews and most importantly for me, they've had a few too many incidents for my liking.

• Like 1

mexiwi
1 hour ago, Oz Jon said:

They are frequently the cheapest, but their customer service gets a pretty bad wrap in reviews and most importantly for me, they've had a few too many incidents for my liking.

Stick to the Malaysian Air Asia. Best of the Air Asia group, avoid any Indonesian carrier

BossHog
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

A couple of months ago we flew from Davao to KL with Air Asia for a very cheap rate. 

Wow. You're right. A one-way ticket from Davao to KL in June is only like 50 bucks. That's cheaper than the flight from Siargao to Davao, lol.

1 hour ago, mexiwi said:

About your only option out of Davao is Singapore.

Think it might be coming together. Fly Davao to KL, have a look around and then train down to Singapore with an overnight stop or two along the way,. Check out the Singapore botanical gardens and bird park and such and then spend a night on one of those small Indonesian resorts a short boat ride  away and then fly from Singers back to Davao. Might take slightly longer than a week, though.

Only two issues remain. We've got to find her passport and make sure it's up to date. And the kids overheard us planning and now want to tag along.The cheapish romantic getaway is now starting to look like a more expensive family vacation, haha.

• Haha 1

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Oz Jon said:

I have always been happy with Air Asia. So far anyway ! 😊

• Like 2

Enuff
I have always been happy with Air Asia. So far anyway !
A couple years ago I was in Manila for a few day business trip. My driver was from Cebu. Said he only uses Air Asia, I been using them ever since, no issues.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oz Jon
39 minutes ago, mexiwi said:

Stick to the Malaysian Air Asia. Best of the Air Asia group, avoid any Indonesian carrier

That's probably good advice. There are good reviews in the Asian region.

It appears that the AirAsia flights out of Australia may be from the Indonesian arm of the company. That's the sector with the worst reviews and bad incident record

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/airasia-group-has-a-long-history-of-safety-failures-ng-eecfe308739a4e45d8807d3044bbe536

Davaoeno
41 minutes ago, BossHog said:

the Singapore botanical gardens

That was the best part of our whole trip !!5ae6e28bd07d1_singap0re098.thumb.JPG.45e0abcb47cc11b9e4f2f230a88e8f52.JPG5ae6e305e5733_singapore035.thumb.JPG.546fcf5779340ddde7276a00c35c10d7.JPG5ae6e4d59ddda_singap0re171.thumb.JPG.13bf8aab94f3229890cc6c956eeb8dc3.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Enuff
That was the best part of our whole trip !!5ae6e28bd07d1_singap0re098.thumb.JPG.45e0abcb47cc11b9e4f2f230a88e8f52.JPG5ae6e305e5733_singapore035.thumb.JPG.546fcf5779340ddde7276a00c35c10d7.JPG5ae6e4d59ddda_singap0re171.thumb.JPG.13bf8aab94f3229890cc6c956eeb8dc3.JPG
Great photos, in some of the pictures she looks very lifelike.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Haha 4

mexiwi
1 hour ago, BossHog said:

Fly Davao to KL, have a look around and then train down to Singapore with an overnight stop or two along the way

There are some bloody cheap air fares between KL and Singapore, I have booked throwaway tickets on Jetstar KL-SIN for like $18.

There are also Firefly and Malindo who fly out of Subang Airport which is closer in to the city in KL.

I spent 8 months in KL working at Subang Airport on a project.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1