• Commercial Banner Advertisers

ellenbrook2001

good manners

Janneo
2 hours ago, ellenbrook2001 said:

well, may I ask when we foreigners are in a queue why PINOY take over you be the first, was in AYALA at burger kink again I PINOY did try to get in front of me no apology no sorry?

There are ill mannered people everywhere. If you meet one in Philippines, chances are pretty high it will be a Filipino.  

Can't say I have seen much of this problem. Could it be this is more of a problem in Visayas than in Luzon?

Getting on MRT/LRT trains in Manila during rush hour being an exception :-)

lamoe
2 hours ago, Flakes said:

Lamoe if i would send u over to that shrimp buffet with these Chinese then u would be lucky to come back with just ur boxershorts on and zero shrimps on ur plate 

The majority of Filipinos are nicely mannered and very foreigner friendly but of course not all of them.😃

I am habitually polite to others, Tata dosen't understand why, it forestalls possible physical confrontations,  however you seem to be mistaking me for a person who is courteous regardless of the provocation.

Accidental bump - I'll say "it's OK, no problem" Intentional to get ahead? Problem solved by stepping in front of that person / them . What are they going to do complain? Let others handle him / her/ them.

As for the shrimp mob - go to server ask for bowl for myself to take back to table. Follow to kitchen doors and wait so he / she doesn't get attacked - "no can do sir" - "OK, I do understand, where is the manager?" Refer to Great America post.

"The majority of Filipinos are nicely mannered and very foreigner friendly but of course not all of them.😃"

Very true -as is true in most big cities.

• Like 1

savarity
There are ill mannered people everywhere. If you meet one in Philippines, chances are pretty high it will be a Filipino.  
Can't say I have seen much of this problem. Could it be this is more of a problem in Visayas than in Luzon?
Getting on MRT/LRT trains in Manila during rush hour being an exception :-)
Well, there seems to be no doubt it's worse in some nations, than others. For example, although a bit annoying here in Philippines, I've encountered worse in India, and in some nations I've not had an issue at all.

Different cultures, different priorities.

I mean, there was even a historic observation that Americans survived the Titanic by a higher percentage, because they were ruder than British passengers and pushed their way to the front of lines.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

trthebees

Thanks Philippines for priority numbers in lots of gov offices and places like pharmacies.

In supermarkets I try to position myself to prevent queue jumpers, seems to work for the most part.

But to be honest, I'm too laid back to care much. A bit like bad drivers cutting in, so what, guess you're more important than me. And the thing is, why get mad, cos there's millions of drivers on the roads here and in the UK. I might want to get mad with a particularly stupid driver, but can't be bothered cos he/she is only one driver, any revenge is useless cos round the corner there's another bunch of crazies waiting to be annoying.

• Like 1

lamoe
4 hours ago, savarity said:

I mean, there was even a historic observation that Americans survived the Titanic by a higher percentage, because they were ruder than British passengers and pushed their way to the front of lines.

Very very true

Before any US bashers attempt to make a correlation between then and now consider that era and now

Travel, especially to Europe,  was not the common place occurrence it is now. It was the US rich (old / new money) who did the grand tour, along with their servants - (typically old money and in steerage?) also the maiden voyage of  QE1 was even more out of reach of the common man.

The prevailing attitudes then were based on social status  - there was no middle class as we know it today. So the newly rich and old money Americans felt very much the same as the old money / nobility - even if not so rich -  Brits did - you were defined by your birth (Brits)  not by your character.  The newly rich were looked down upon even by the poorest Gentry.

Many of the moneyed Americans still hadn't acquired the refined manners of their European cousins so when it came to  push and shove, the gentler, more refined, Gentry got shoved aside.