• Commercial Banner Advertisers

ellenbrook2001

good manners

ellenbrook2001

hi

he happens again last week was in SINGAPORE  and was going to the  luggage section to be scan to board the plane to CEBU  has a was ready to put my hand luggage for the scan 2 Asia guys push me out of the way and put them luggage first had a dirty look at them but they smile but later on they  where on the same plane as  PINOY  so I was first to board than when  they boarded did follow them then when they sit down the  steward was there then say how can i help you sir well easy see those 2 idiot PINOY did push me away  to be first how such idiot could do that a 77 years old men they where so embarassed they did apologise 

• Like 1

Davaoeno
Posted (edited)

Definitely a case of bad manners !!!!!!

There is a right way to deal with supposed insults and bad ways to deal with them .   

Good manners dictates that we deal with them in a cordial and non confrontational manner.  In almost all instances using good manners in dealing with problems ends up with a better result .  Shaming people in public often ends very badly for the shamer .

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1

Flakes

Yeah tragic but i can also place 146786435 posts here of rude Europeans and a simular amount of posts of very kind philipinos gestures.

My point is yes they where rude but does their nationality matters?

• Thanks 2

baby43

I had this In Hong Kong, my wife and myself were waiting for the tram to go up to the peak, we were first inline with 2 Filipino overseas workers working in HK, we meet them In Jolliebee, these two said you go on the tram first, the doors of the tram opened this woman from HK push me out of the way with her hands out came my elbow it hit her, I still got on the tram first, all the way up to the peak I could hear this woman complain to her partner he use his elbow he just shocked his head.

This also happened in the Philippines my wife and myself waiting at a counter to pay for our meal in a long line these 2 Pinoy men pushed in front of us, i said excuse me we were he first they ignored me, after 5 minutes one of the men said you were here first, then they stood behind us they must had a good think while waiting.

To me this is straight out rudeness, dont be scared saying something to then.

I have had similar things happen again in Hong Kong and Singapore and wont hold back.  

• Thanks 1

Dafey
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Definitely a case of bad manners !!!!!!

There is a right way to deal with supposed insults and bad ways to deal with them .   

Good manners dictates that we deal with them in a cordial and non confrontational manner.  In almost all instances using good manners in dealing with problems ends up with a better result .  Shaming people in public often ends very badly for the shamer .

I see you found a copy of those "unwritten rules"!

• Haha 2

Davaoeno
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I see you found a copy of those "unwritten rules"!

I did !  I also discovered a book called " (( Exceptions to The Unwritten Rules and Why They Don't Apply to You !! ]

Apparently , [ and i find this shocking! ] , many people do not understand the real meaning behind The Burning Bush !!   God actually set the bush on fire to create charcoal, which was used in those days for writing . It seems God was so much in favor of everything being written down that he showed people how to create charcoal in order to write things down  ie NO unwritten rules !!!! 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1

Oz Jon
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I did !  I also discovered a book called " (( Exceptions to The Unwritten Rules and Why They Don't Apply to You !! ]

Apparently , [ and i find this shocking! ] , many people do not understand the real meaning behind The Burning Bush !!   God actually set the bush on fire to create charcoal, which was used in those days for writing . It seems God was so much in favor of everything being written down that he showed people how to create charcoal in order to write things down  ie NO unwritten rules !!!! 

That's presumably a corollary to:-

" verbal (internet these days?) advice is worth the paper it's written on" ? :D

ellenbrook2001
5 hours ago, Flakes said:

Yeah tragic but i can also place 146786435 posts here of rude Europeans and a simular amount of posts of very kind philipinos gestures.

My point is yes they where rude but does their nationality matters?

oh  did travel the world in many places I found PINOY the rudest and never apologised  was on the bus in Australia      last week and the train  the soon I did get in the younger one did offer they sit cause I am a senior that they protocol  but did make a joke many thanks in am only 77 years old but  they did say please seat 

Flakes
1 hour ago, ellenbrook2001 said:

oh  did travel the world in many places I found PINOY the rudest and never apologised  was on the bus in Australia      last week and the train  the soon I did get in the younger one did offer they sit cause I am a senior that they protocol  but did make a joke many thanks in am only 77 years old but  they did say please seat 

Ur totally mistaken and dont make any sense but then again this might be due to ur high age i hope..

saying that  Phillipinos are rude just because one of them has pushed u aside is completely ridiculous..

Dafey
20 minutes ago, Flakes said:

due to ur high age

talk about bad manners....you sir are the poster child!!!!

when you see the wrinkles on someones face, think of them as road maps through life. you strutting peacocks can learn a lot from the older generation...if you stop looking in the mirror long enough to accept their experience.

remind me to tell you the story of the old bull and the young bull

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Flakes
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Dafey said:

talk about bad manners....you sir are the poster child!!!!

when you see the wrinkles on someones face, think of them as road maps through life. you strutting peacocks can learn a lot from the older generation...if you stop looking in the mirror long enough to accept their experience.

remind me to tell you the story of the old bull and the young bull

It could also be alchohol related his abusive statements 

posterchild? Me so u see me as a role model wow thanks Dafey 😃

Edited by Flakes

Jawny

I don’t agree with the tone of some of the posts, that Filipinos are generally rude.  Of course, in many situations related to travel or forming a queue, the worst comes out in some people....think "me first!"

However, I don’t see any reason to make snide comments about the OP just because his grammar is weak.  Not sure how alcholhol fits into this, or even what alcholhol is.  

Fir the record, the general topic is Filipino Mannerisms......not philipino or some derivation of that.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Flakes
3 minutes ago, Jawny said:

I don’t agree with the tone of some of the posts, that Filipinos are generally rude.  Of course, in many situations related to travel or forming a queue, the worst comes out in some people....think "me first!"

However, I don’t see any reason to make snide comments about the OP just because his grammar is weak.  Not sure how alcholhol fits into this, or even what alcholhol is.  

Fir the record, the general topic is Filipino Mannerisms......not philipino or some derivation of that.  

I never made any snide comments..

Filipinos seem to me one of the most pleasant people of at least Asia maybe the world to deal with.

• Like 1

Dafey
12 hours ago, Flakes said:

posterchild? Me so u see me as a role model wow thanks Dafey 😃

Yes...Poster child for "Bad Manners"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

colemanlee
18 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Yes...Poster child for "Bad Manners"

What you forgot childlessness?