• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
barry-h

Activity streams menu

barry-h

Just a suggestion which I feel makes it easier to navigate is for the admins to place the activity streams links in the menu bar rather than have to always use the drop down. This way by just placing the cursor over "Activity" will show the menu. This can be done by the menu manager in the admin panel.  

5ae5e4c6c97cc_menusection.thumb.jpg.ffcfd8196ba45266bc6b668d7048b90c.jpg

• Thanks 1

Salty Dog
On 4/29/2018 at 11:32 AM, barry-h said:

Just a suggestion which I feel makes it easier to navigate is for the admins to place the activity streams links in the menu bar rather than have to always use the drop down. This way by just placing the cursor over "Activity" will show the menu. This can be done by the menu manager in the admin panel.  

5ae5e4c6c97cc_menusection.thumb.jpg.ffcfd8196ba45266bc6b668d7048b90c.jpg

I like most members probably rarely use the Activity Menu.

The last time I tried to correct the Unread Content button which isn't really showing the unread content, you would have thought I asked for each members first born. I guess many of our old timers just don't like change. For those who don't mind it, I gave instructions on how to create their own Activity Stream and correct their Unread Content button.

I will look into your suggestion and while I'm doing that, does anyone else have a comment concerning this possible change...

barry-h
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I like most members probably rarely use the Activity Menu.

The last time I tried to correct the Unread Content button which isn't really showing the unread content, you would have thought I asked for each members first born. I guess many of our old timers just don't like change. For those who don't mind it, I gave instructions on how to create their own Activity Stream and correct their Unread Content button.

I will look into your suggestion and while I'm doing that, does anyone else have a comment concerning this possible change...

Personally I like to use unread Topics on the line of menu such as in the  screenshot of another forum. This "Unread Topics" covers all without having to see every post or weird things. Setting up Activity Streams are easy but you are correct that many members wont look at how to do it. I just dont like to have to click on Activity streams to get there which is how it is here on this forum.

2018-05-01_010507.thumb.jpg.05e144680c34f7e546df2f3e72d97f7d.jpg

Edited by barry-h
added wee bit
  • Thanks 1

Davaoeno
11 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

anyone else have a comment concerning this possible change...

I do NOT like any changes.  Everything old is better !  But if you do change this please tell me which button on my cel phone will  do this new process?  I am enclosing a photo of my cel phone so you can tell me which button. Thank you . 

download.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1