• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Enuff

Aussie Meat Pies

Contango

The best Aussie meat pies come from local type bakery's...over the years there have been so many great pies and pasties, current best is the Lidcombe NSW (Chinese) bakery...also there a good bakery in Annandale NSw.

• Like 1

MickyG
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Contango said:

The best Aussie meat pies come from local type bakery's...over the years there have been so many great pies and pasties, current best is the Lidcombe NSW (Chinese) bakery...also there a good bakery in Annandale NSw.

Nah

the best come from a little Chines bakery in Busselton. They even get a mention on the net from multiple satisfied aussie pie seekers.

We make our own, Mercado cut cubes and some ground beef mixed with mushroom, onions, gravy. Bathroom scales are on strike and in hiding. Pastry is easy 400g of flour 100g unsalted butter, 50g salted butter. 50g lard 5 table spoons of iced water and mixer . Looking forward to getting back into full swing with other pies and sausage rolls when we get back  to Kl, the kitchen there is way more friendly to dance around. We get the pork from the Chinese butchers, no advertising as pork In malaysia is not 100% accepted.

Edited by MickyG
  • Like 1

mikewright

Not as meaty as in the pictures in the earlier posts, but it sure tasted good!

Meat pie, baked spuds and mushies - not a bad lunch :).

DSCN7593.JPG

DSCN7594.JPG

• Like 4

jtmwatchbiz
On 4/17/2018 at 11:49 PM, Richard K said:

is weird how memories are triggered

i know a bit on that topic due to the expensive education my parents foot the bill for that i basically never utilized properly.   the sense of smell.is the most common trigger for old and pleasant memories.  hallucination-wise most are auditory (hearing voices or sounds).

huh? what?  ok i gotta go elvis just told me it's nap time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

trthebees
5 hours ago, mikewright said:

Not as meaty as in the pictures in the earlier posts, but it sure tasted good!

Meat pie, baked spuds and mushies - not a bad lunch :).

DSCN7593.JPG

DSCN7594.JPG

When I saw the writing my first thought was mushy peas but mushrooms just as good! Think with roasties it'd be a good onion gravy for me. 

For a pie on it's own or with chips (proper chips, not the skinny fries things like McDo no thank you) it'd be brown sauce for me.

• Like 1

oztony
56 minutes ago, trthebees said:

For a pie on it's own or with chips (proper chips, not the skinny fries things like McDo no thank you) it'd be brown sauce for me.

HP sauce is my preference...which is brown and just a hint of spicy...

• Like 3

trthebees
2 minutes ago, oztony said:

HP sauce is my preference...which is brown and just a hint of spicy...

Yup a fine sauce. 

In the UK I quite like Daddies, but the supermarkets there seen to stock it less.

In Cebu, I sometimes pick up HP, usually Rustans, but last time there about 3 weeks ago they didn't have any. Previously they had Waitrose brown sauce....in fact a lot of Waitrose stuff including jams which is generally good stuff, but seems to have been dropped. maybe a special import or promotion. Obviously I pick up several bottles of what I fancy. I guess others do, so they sell out and maybe restocking takes a special import.

That place in Ayala which shut down, near the Marriott end of the terraces used to do imports like HP and Branstons pickle...expensive but a treat.

I admit that the only time I tried an American imported sauce I didn't like it, a bit too bbq type flavour. I reckon here to try to make our own brown sauce, bit of an experiment as It's my favourite. Find the local Ketchups far too sweet, given up on them.

Got an oven now, so might try making a meat pie. or rather my wife!

PS, this is weird, LinC works but just about no other site, even hotmail is impossibly slow. Globe coming tomorrow I hope. But that's on another thread.

• Like 2

cookie47
FNT-Real-Chunky-PromoBlock.png?1427686257&key=01929ecfb00143e3965d1ec2b0b59c4e20881d75a4a8cbff253f2ee78511e211
Now there is a Pie......................
The Four and Twenty pie factory used to be a stones throw from the railway tracks going into Flinders Street railway station (Melbourne)..

Ahhhhhhhhh.lovely smell going to work.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1