• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Steven Mactan

Extremely Low Water Pressure - Lapu Lapu City.

colemanlee

Just a thought, I installed a half hp pump on the city side of the water here, used it for a suction pump on the main water line coming into the house...it basically filled my water tank that the house pump pulled from....worked like a champ...kept the tank full as normally we only had a trickle at night....so the available water went into our tank.  Somebody told me that was illegal but in the end...it worked....

• Like 2

Woolf
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

Just a thought, I installed a half hp pump on the city side of the water here, used it for a suction pump on the main water line coming into the house...it basically filled my water tank that the house pump pulled from....worked like a champ...kept the tank full as normally we only had a trickle at night....so the available water went into our tank.  Somebody told me that was illegal but in the end...it worked....

That is definitely not allowed and a very bad idea

if there is a leak in the city water pipes dirt can be sucked in to the lines and you will have contaminated water

not only you but the whole system

the water pipes will have to flushed then

The people that come clean aircons fill a bucket of water and feed the high pressure cleaner from the bucket

they never connect there cleaner direct to the water line

Edited by Woolf (see edit history)

Steven Mactan
54 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

I think that a couple of my neighbors are already doing that right now, so not sure how good this would work.  Sometimes I open my hose bibb and can actually hear air sucking in as they are running their pump. When this happens I usually leave my bibb valve open so that their pump can have a little bit extra air. 

• Haha 1

colemanlee
51 minutes ago, Woolf said:

That is definitely not allowed and a very bad idea

if there is a leak in the city water pipes dirt can be sucked in to the lines and you will have contaminated water

not only you but the whole system

the water pipes will have to flushed then

The people that come clean aircons fill a bucket of water and feed the high pressure cleaner from the bucket

they never connect there cleaner direct to the water line

bad idea where your are....great idea where I am....some of us are fortunate enough not to be in Cebu

• Like 1

NigelandMJ

Bad idea anywhere. It is illegal, although, like most of the laws here, probably will not be upheld. I would not do it, purely for the fact that, as pointed out, contaminants could be drawn into the piping system. Not just dirt from leaky pipes but also. Many homes have flexible hoses connected to their faucets, this pipe could be left dangling in a toilet, puddle of dirty water, or any other disgusting place, you would then suck that mess into the system.

Even the water I get from the water company, I dose with chlorine, as the water supply goes on and off many times a day here. Most times when the supply goes off, if I open the the supply valve I can hear the air sucking back into the system.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Headshot
On 4/16/2018 at 3:18 PM, Steven Mactan said:

I was really hoping that someone might know what the deal is with MCWD not supplying any water pressure to our area, and how much longer it will last?

Face it. Your house is at the end of the line for MCWD. Even in Mandaue, we have MCWD water outages, and we aren't nearly as far out as you are. MCWD is overstretched when it comes to supply vs. demand, and whenever there is a shortage, those furthest from the source will be most likely to suffer. How much longer will it last? How long do you plan to live where you do? There is your answer.