• Commercial Banner Advertisers

rfm010

siargao bound july

rfm010

speaking of drug den infested islets...

just got a text from the wife saying " please check on hotel/resort for siargao july 6 - 8 leave the 9th there will be 16 of us"

i do believe i will be one of the 16.  there will also be 7 cousins ages 18 - 28, and 7 parental units.

so where to stay?  what to do?

family isn't big on the night life, we will be looking for nice enough quarters (ac if needed, there are some delicate types so it probably will be), comfortable and relatively quiet is good.  probably a bit out of town would be good, on the beach cool but not necessary.  karaoke on the premises is a near deal-breaker.  night is for chilling and resting to get up early for the next day.  or so we always tell the kids at 2am.   looking for something like 4 rooms of 4.  price range roughly 1000-1300 per person per night.

a day around the big city might be plenty sufficient for that area, the kids might like to try surfing.  they tried it once in baler, don't know yet if they want to try again but my daughter might like to, she did pretty well.  i do understand there is a nearby island you can boat to that might be more suitable for beginner types.  if there is more happening on the island that might take care of one day.

beyond that, although some of the group aren't all that adventurous, they as a group are usually willing to try anything once (no, not the weed; hiking and stuff).  some of the group is adventurous and it may be possible to split in sub-groups for a day.  

need to look back at some of bosshog's posts, some of the things he describes sound more of what the family might be looking for.  

so anyway, need to find a place to stay and book soon, there are concerns that with bora bora closing, there may be more traffic passing through siargao and rooms will become scarce.

any advice is welcome and appreciated. 

Enuff

Good luck finding accommodations.

Most of what I've seen in Siargao was backpacker accommodations unless you venture to the higher end resorts.

The higher end resorts don't go for 4 in a room unless small children or a huge additional fee.

Another consideration will be transportation. We saw nothing more than the larger habal-habal.

The occasional jeepney was always full and all the vans were for resorts. Definitely not Cebu.

• Like 2

Karadjoa

It will be difficult to find something, but if you go search Facebook classifieds for Siargao, you can place your quest there.

• Like 1

rfm010

well, besides the problem of finding accommodations for 16 that will keep everyone happy, the wife noted that plane tickets seem next near to impossible to obtain.  read this as more than she is willing to pay. 

so siargao will have to wait for a trip with just immediate family.   if all goes well with that it can be work related and we can have a boatman at our beck and call; that will open up some different opportunities.

so siquijor here we come.   it doesn't rain there in july, does it?

• Like 1