Alk

Quick question about the U.S. Consulate in Cebu

Alk

I only live a mile or two away from there.  I'm wondering if it is possible to go down there and actually ask a consulate official a few questions on a face-to-face basis? 

• Like 1

Jawny

Yes, they have limited hours for walk in queries. First come first served. I believe Wednesday is no walk in. There is some older threads with this general info. 

• Like 1

Dafey

I took this photo in November outside the Consulate...hope it helps. It states Manila but I think the hours are the same.

IMG_4999.thumb.JPG.85d6706d46a838c4bba046ea2c0c993b.JPGIMG_5001.thumb.JPG.3f5e0384253b33d9cc2640756d7a3958.JPG

Alk

Thanks for the information... "The staff will not assist with Visa or Immigration questions"  is mentioned prominently on that form.

....that is mainly what I wanted to ask.  I'd normally think that is what a consulate is put in place to help with. 

Jawny
Posted (edited)

Most consulates I’ve dealt with deal with consular issues, not Immigration. The embassy in Manila is staffed with a wider array of specialized staff who deal directly with Immigration queries. 

You might get assistance from LinC members if you’re willing to put up with the associated opinions and bad mouthing of Immigration and such. 

Edited by Jawny
  • Haha 2

Dafey

in the first photo there is a website for visa issues...maybe they can help www.ustraveldocs.com.ph

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

in the first photo there is a website for visa issues...maybe they can help www.ustraveldocs.com.ph

Actually, I've noticed that they've removed almost all visa info from the embassy website and all links, such as above, now point to the US immigration sites. So now finding out how to apply through the embassy (as in a DCF) requires calling or visiting the embassy. 

shadow
1 hour ago, Alk said:

Thanks for the information... "The staff will not assist with Visa or Immigration questions"  is mentioned prominently on that form.

....that is mainly what I wanted to ask.  I'd normally think that is what a consulate is put in place to help with. 

The consulate has never had anything to do with visas, and in the past has given some horribly flawed advice about them.

lopburi3
56 minutes ago, shadow said:

The consulate has never had anything to do with visas, and in the past has given some horribly flawed advice about them.

US Consulate Officers issue visas - that is their primary job.  But there is no US Consulate in Cebu.  What you have is a US Consular Agency (basically Americans Services Unit) providing service to Americans that would also be available in a normal Consulate.  Visas application would have to be made at the Consulate Section of the US Embassy in Manila.

For immigrant visas you first must get approval from immigration offices and once that approval is obtained application for actual visa can be made at the Consulate.

• Haha 1

M.C.A.

I've used the offical Philippine Bureau of Immigration website on Facebook for inquiries or the phone number is also listed both will work.  

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration

lopburi3
13 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

I've used the offical Philippine Bureau of Immigration website on Facebook for inquiries or the phone number is also listed both will work.  

I believe poster has questions about visas/immigration for Philippine nationals to the USA.  But agree it is not really clear.  

• Like 1

SkyMan
2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I believe poster has questions about visas/immigration for Philippine nationals to the USA.  But agree it is not really clear.  

Right on the first part, wrong on the second.  It's really quite clear.

• Like 1

M.C.A.
3 hours ago, M.C.A. said:

I had too many distractions and didn't read the headline so if this can be deleted I'd appreciate it so it doesn't cause anymore confusion.

Dafey

Not to worry MCA...it might be info another Member can use.

• Like 2