• Commercial Banner Advertisers

lamoe

Bottom braces 75 to 120 K?

lopburi3

Actually there are several types and they will all do the job for most people - and in today's world, at least here in Thailand, it is a fashion statement to have braces that show (the cheaper versions) so child may well be as happy, or more, with the cheaper version.  Perhaps I am wrong about this in the Philippines? 

lamoe
18 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

Well someone has their knickers in a twist!!! Maybe I should have said it in a different way, like, there is a sucker born every minute. The problem here is if some of the less educated/ ill-informed foreigners pay the going price, the foreigner is truly seen by Filipinos as being rather stupid but unfortunately it tends to put the smarter guys into the same basket and then all foreigners can be seen as 'fair game".My advice is before committing to any major purchase that hasn't a fixed price attached, simply look around and haggle a little.. An example, about four years ago I lost a tooth in my upper plate of three teeth, I still have most of my own teeth... I had retained the actual tooth and had five quotes, the price difference was staggering, the highest quote was 3200p and the lowest 800p, of course I accepted the lowest quote...Four years on the tooth is still intact...   

Have passed my 1 year anniversary here and know all about foreigner prices have also encountered those hoping to  "find a rich foreigner"

Not  sure how you misread my OP - it stated I was quoted a price and and that I was  asking for alternatives for same type of high end braces.

If about 120 K is going price after 3 quotes then so be it.

She does need bottom braces

Green Apple quoted 75 to 120K depending on type - 120  of course latest and greatest which she wants and we would get - I've used them before - satisfied  BUT

Is this high end quote reasonable?

I am more concerned with foreigner pricing than total cost

smokey

Going price means all people fit one box i just replaced the gutters on my house the prices quoted ranged from 550.000 to 200.000 yet rach looked at the job and saw and priced differently

Rocketman

Girlfriend had her uppers done for P20,000 by a dentist in Pit Os about 2 years ago.  Everything was fine.

delancey
21 hours ago, Edwin said:

Terry, if you can afford the best get the best. The quality is long remembered after the price is forgotten. 

I have strong opinions due to dozens of dental visits that felt non stop for years. Dental malpractice can cause catastrophic damage. 

Green Apple is just the high end of the market. Like a higher end hotel. They are not a rip off.

I typically can not afford them so I go to a dentist with about 35 years experience at 1/3 the price and he has an autoclave.

So it is meaningless to me who somebody choses for braces but please consider due diligence . If you know what damage a dentist can do it will not be strictly about price.

Jumping on low price alone with dental procedures  is a sure sign of ignorance (comment not directed to anyone specific).

Davaoeno
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, delancey said:

Green Apple is just the high end of the market. Like a higher end hotel. They are not a rip off.

1 hour ago, delancey said:

I go to a dentist with about 35 years experience at 1/3 the price and he has an autoclave.

Maybe its just my personal opinion, but if my dentist charges 3 x as much another dentist  who does the same work and of  the same quality then for sure i consider my dentist to be a rip off !! 

delancey - Linc members owe you a debt of gratitude. It is always nice when someone has already done the research for us .  At least now we know that Green Apple charges 3 times as much as some other equally well qualified dentists  [ and that the other dentists even have a autoclave- whatever that is for  ]

Edited by Davaoeno (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
10 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Maybe its just my personal opinion, but if my dentist charges 3 x as much another dentist  who does the same work and of  the same quality then for sure i consider my dentist to be a rip off !! 

delancey - Linc members owe you a debt of gratitude. It is always nice when someone has already done the research for us .  At least now we know that Green Apple charges 3 times as much as some other equally well qualified dentists  [ and that the other dentists even have a autoclave- whatever that is for  ]

Autoclave is standard equipment in USA for sterilizing medical instruments - sort of a super steam cleaner.

Flakes

My son got his braces about 2 years ago in Europe the costs were around 2500 Euros for under and upper. He is happy they are out already has a killer smile.

lamoe

Checked out the dentist Lee recommended some time ago in another thread - above McDo - entrance between McDo and Watson's - same place for organic milk

3 rd floor  - Ramon and Eulalia Sucalit (her braces / him other stuff)

Has autoclave - not as fancy as Green Apple but you get a comfortable feeling talking with him.

She likes him also,  even though put off at first about "old" building

Tata mentioned sensitive teeth - he gave her a sample tube of Syensodyne - asked how much for initial exam - no charge

45 K for self litigating (?) braces - the non-rubber band ones and permanent retainer

800 P for x-rays by refereed to facility

after alignment complete

6 K denture to fill-in for missing molars or 40 K for porcelain implants

18 to 24 months time

52 K pretty much all in low end  -  86 K high end (implants)

So 45 K x 60% - 27 K up front either way - decide about dentures / implants  when done aligning

Teeth cleaning 600 P - recommended once a year - Green Apple 1,200 P twice a year.

As for Green Apple - I don't feel they are a rip off - high end location, facility, overhead

50 P men's haircut  6th floor Ayala (before fire) or 250 to 500 P at high end beauty parlor.

Colonnade vs Rustan's for same products

• Like 1

Davaoeno
5 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Teeth cleaning 600 P - recommended once a year - Green Apple 1,200 P twice a year.

As for Green Apple - I don't feel they are a rip off - high end location, facility, overhead

Teeth cleaning at Lee's place - 600 a year

Teeth cleaning at Green Apple- 2400 a year 

For me a place had better have an incredible location for me to feel that paying 4x as much was OK ! 

lamoe
5 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Teeth cleaning at Lee's place - 600 a year

Teeth cleaning at Green Apple- 2400 a year 

For me a place had better have an incredible location for me to feel that paying 4x as much was OK ! 

Me also - that's why I checked out Lee's recommendation

BUT, if you / I made 500,000 P a month now not that big a hit - 1800 P - $36 

Rockford had a men's sports themed barber shop - served free premium beer ( 2 max) or unlimited soda while you waited - 3 female  (ex-Hooters?) 1 male (ex-Chippendale?) barbers - never went :evan:

was also $35.00 min - styling extra.

Went to beauty college $6.00 senior rate and took about an hour - went for so long  - one told me  that they knew the instructors would hover to make sure the cut was correct. Also hadn't learned  or maybe they had  - leaning against the client's sides and back -  if he's a man -  is a no no.