lamoe

Bottom braces 75 to 120 K?

lamoe

She does need bottom braces

Green Apple quoted 75 to 120K depending on type - 120  of course latest and greatest which she wants and we would get - I've used them before - satisfied  BUT

Is this high end quote reasonable?

I am more concerned with foreigner pricing than total cost

noddle

My Son had braces,  5K Aus (P200K) flat rate, that was 15 years ago

Nigel

Jawny

It’s been my experience that these "high end" services do not overcharge based upon nationality or such.  They offer a high quality service and ask higher than typical prices. By that I mean lower prices may be available, but with less quality (not sure how that translates into dental work). 

Green Apple is a highly visible facility and if they become known as one that overcharges foreigners, this can damage their reputation.  

Have you considered a second opinion?

• Like 2

lolhahaha

We live in a small town in Iloilo and my wifes dentist that shes used since she was a kid wanted 40k pesos for my wifes braces last year. Her teeth were already totally straight though with 1 tooth in the back that was out of line and crooked but she still got full braces top and bottom anyway. Jan 2017, she still has them on.

She told the dentist that we would agree to pay 35k cash and we paid that. We go back once or twice a month for adjustments and new color rubber things for free. She's never told us to pay anything else.

I also get my teeth cleaned there for 700p every few months.

Seemed like a good deal to me. I guess it was. She knew that I was an American then too since we've been going there since before the braces.

• Like 1

lamoe
1 hour ago, Jawny said:

It’s been my experience that these "high end" services do not overcharge based upon nationality or such.  They offer a high quality service and ask higher than typical prices. By that I mean lower prices may be available, but with less quality (not sure how that translates into dental work). 

Green Apple is a highly visible facility and if they become known as one that overcharges foreigners, this can damage their reputation.  

Have you considered a second opinion?

Yeah  - one recommended by Lee near Fuentes circle

28 minutes ago, lolhahaha said:

We live in a small town in Iloilo and my wifes dentist that shes used since she was a kid wanted 40k pesos for my wifes braces last year. Her teeth were already totally straight though with 1 tooth in the back that was out of line and crooked but she still got full braces top and bottom anyway. Jan 2017, she still has them on.

She told the dentist that we would agree to pay 35k cash and we paid that. We go back once or twice a month for adjustments and new color rubber things for free. She's never told us to pay anything else.

Seemed like a good deal to me. I guess it was. She knew that I was an American then too since we've been going there since before the braces.

Cleaning is 1,200 P

75 K for the rubber band ones

Davaoeno

These prices are from one of the most popular dentists in Davao :

Orthodontics

Upper & Lower BracesP45,000.00

Self Ligating BracketsP70,000.00

Hawleys Retainer / archP2,500.00

Plastic Retainer / archP3,000.00

TMJ ApplianceP10,000.00

T4K ApplianceP7,000.00

TMJ SplintP10,000.00/arch

ExpanderP6,000.00/arch

http://dentistindavao.com/prices/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jack Rat
2 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

She knew you were a yank, maybe thinking 'fair game' rich foreigner...seems you are paying top dollar...

smokey

My wife just had and old crown removed new one installed.  First dentist bid 105.000 total 3 visits.  Second in robinsons south town bid 26.000 total 3 visits last one in tabanook bid 13.000 she offered 12 done deal

• Like 3

Jack Rat
1 minute ago, smokey said:

My wife just had and old crown removed new one installed.  First dentist bid 105.000 total 3 visits.  Second in robinsons south town bid 26.000 total 3 visits last one in tabanook bid 13.000 she offered 12 done deal

So there you go, smart guy, look around!

Dafey
18 minutes ago, smokey said:

last one in tabanook bid 13.000 she offered 12 done deal

Does that include anesthetic?

shadow
3 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

So there you go, smart guy, look around!

And while you are looking around, be smart, and make sure you are comparing an apple with an apple!

• Thanks 1

rizla
8 minutes ago, shadow said:

And while you are looking around, be smart, and make sure you are comparing an apple with an apple!

How true, had my car serviced couple of weeks ago here in China, the dealership wanted to charge approx 50UK pounds, my teaching friend suggested using a side street garage, they would only charge 10uk pounds.

The difference being the dealer used diagnostic tools, good quality oil, full wheel alignment and a wash and valet before delivering the car back to my home, the side street garage mechanic had a hammer!

If that service was about my teeth, no way am I going to the guy with a hammer, don't care how cheap he is!!

• Like 3

Davaoeno
1 minute ago, rizla said:

the side street garage mechanic had a hammer!

what kind of hammer was it ?

• Haha 1

rizla
Just now, Davaoeno said:

what kind of hammer was it ?

Standard Chinese all purpose lump hammer

smokey
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

Does that include anesthetic?

yes she did have to go get a blood test done at persion her dime before they would remove as she is high blood

10 minutes ago, rizla said:

How true, had my car serviced couple of weeks ago here in China, the dealership wanted to charge approx 50UK pounds, my teaching friend suggested using a side street garage, they would only charge 10uk pounds.

The difference being the dealer used diagnostic tools, good quality oil, full wheel alignment and a wash and valet before delivering the car back to my home, the side street garage mechanic had a hammer!

If that service was about my teeth, no way am I going to the guy with a hammer, don't care how cheap he is!!

like a massage don t matter how ;much you pay a happy ending is just that happy

• Haha 1