Rexsmith

STD exam and treatment

Rexsmith

Unfortunately my new girlfriend gave me chlamydia. I am in my home country for a couple of weeks and was given doxycycline to deal with it. When I return to Cebu I want to get my urine tested again. As well I have to take the girlfriend to a clinic/doctor to get her treated.

Two years ago I had the same thing from an ex girlfriend. I inquired about having my urine tested through one of the labs near Fuent Circle. I can not recall the cost but it was very expensive and would have taken a full month to get the result. I ended up putting it off and had to taken care of in my home country for no cost.

Can someone kindly tell me where I can take my girlfriend and myself to get checked for chlamydia? The costs?

Thanks

Rex

aussiekangaroo
Posted (edited)

I would be more worried about getting Deported and blacklisted for a minimum of 6 months after getting back a positive result more then anything.

Six (6) months

Six (6) months from date of actual implementation of the exclusion order or inclusion for foreign nationals who were included in the Blacklist under the following grounds:

1. Deported by virtue of a Voluntary Deportation Order
2. Overstaying for less than one year

Six (6) months after being cured of the condition or illness for foreign nationals who were excluded under the following grounds:

1. Insane
2. Afflicted with loathsome or dangerous and contagious disease

Edited by aussiekangaroo
  • Like 1

Rexsmith
1 hour ago, aussiekangaroo said:

I would be more worried about getting Deported and blacklisted for a minimum of 6 months after getting back a positive result more then anything.

Six (6) months

Six (6) months from date of actual implementation of the exclusion order or inclusion for foreign nationals who were included in the Blacklist under the following grounds:

1. Deported by virtue of a Voluntary Deportation Order
2. Overstaying for less than one year

Six (6) months after being cured of the condition or illness for foreign nationals who were excluded under the following grounds:

1. Insane
2. Afflicted with loathsome or dangerous and contagious disease

I appreciate that. Yikes. Had no idea. Thanks

• Like 1

Flakes

Yes to wait 3 weeks for a STD blood test result it is way to long but assumingly normal here.

let say u only think u might have an STD so then u need to wait 3 weeks before u know if need to take some medicine or not.

lopburi3

Do not believe that 3 weeks would be normal anywhere.  Social Welfare will do free in 15 minutes if registered as a sex worker from quick google and Chong Hua will provide specific testing for what you want within 4 hours if paying.  I suspect most doctors could get results within 24 hours even if they have to send out to lab.

• Like 2

liquido

Or,If you want to self medicate for Chlamydia find a mom and pop pharmacy that will be willing to give you without prescription Azithromycin 500mg..Take 3 at one time and that should knock it out{google it)...The Doxy they gave you is kind of old school

• Like 1

Kreole

Chlamydia is very popular in the US, like Herpes, many normal, non-sex working people get it because it is so pervasive.  So no surprise you got it here but the RP is not to blame.  The good news is that it is not a virus like Herpes, which never goes away.  I got it from my girlfriend in the US 40 years ago and it was not a problem to get tested.  However it was painful, as the nurse had to push a dry stick into my urethra, not far, just to gather the bacteria.  She had already taken a sample from my gf's vagina.  Within minutes she confirmed that it was Chlamydia and prescribed us both an antibiotic to be taken over a week or 10 days, I do not remember exactly.  You can do a search online to find out which antibiotic is now suggested, and yes you can get it without prescription at most local pharmacies, especially TGP (The Generic Pharmacy) super cheap.

• Like 1

Jawny

I hadn’t realized some STDs were more popular.  I was always hoping for no STD not the most popular one.

Perhaps stating the obvious is out of line, but wouldn’t using some sort of protection go a long way to reducing the issues of the STD and treatment?

The information provided that an exam may take a month could be the result of what was asked for.  From my understanding, some of the STDs take more time.  So, a complete exam for a wide range of potential STDs could take more time.

Just stick with the more popular diseases.  

Davaoeno
1 minute ago, Jawny said:

wouldn’t using some sort of protection go a long way to reducing the issues of the STD and treatment?

Real men don't use protection !  Nor do they complain about a few genital warts or bleeding  sores or pus drooling from their dicks ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

samatm

Im old school.. but ive found the best defense against STDs is good old fashioned monogamous love.    Me and my ex GF havn't had any problems ....ever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A_Simple_Man
10 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Real men don't use protection !

That's 'cause Real Men are 1%ers

HIV

There are some people who, despite frequent exposure to HIV, still don't contract the virus. According to The Tech, this is due to a mutation in the CCR5 gene called CCR5-delta 32.

Normally, HIV infects the body by grabbing onto the CD4 receptor and its co-receptor CCR5 and using them to enter the cell, and then reprogram it to spread throughout a body. However, in individuals with this mutation, the virus is unable to enter cells. The CCR5-delta32 mutation results in a smaller protein that isn't on the outside of the cell anymore. Most forms of HIV cannot infect cells if there is no CCR5 on the surface. People with two copies of the CCR5-delta32 gene (inherited from both parents) are virtually immune to HIV infection. This occurs in about 1 percent of Caucasian people.

:ROFLMAO:

• Like 1

Flakes
13 hours ago, Jawny said:

I hadn’t realized some STDs were more popular.  I was always hoping for no STD not the most popular one.

Perhaps stating the obvious is out of line, but wouldn’t using some sort of protection go a long way to reducing the issues of the STD and treatment?

The information provided that an exam may take a month could be the result of what was asked for.  From my understanding, some of the STDs take more time.  So, a complete exam for a wide range of potential STDs could take more time.

Just stick with the more popular diseases.  

Sometimes a disease chooses us.

• Like 1

Davaoeno
8 hours ago, samatm said:

Me and my ex GF havn't had any problems ....ever. 

Maybe this is too personal but if you and she have never had any problems.... ever  , then why is she your EX ??

• Haha 2

oztony
21 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Real men don't use protection !  Nor do they complain about a few genital warts or bleeding  sores or pus drooling from their dicks ! 

I'm gonna get rhea to have a chat with you about this .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Headshot
19 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Maybe this is too personal but if you and she have never had any problems.... ever  , then why is she your EX ??

Because he refers to his WIFE as his Ex-GF... 

• Like 1