• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Goetz1965

Need a reliable plumber to fix watertank/pump installation

Dafey
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

We put in a 1500L tank, 3/4 hp pump & 21L pressure tank (total cost for everything less than p30k).

MCWD runs whenever ball valve drops and pressure will take the skin right off your weiner.

We are now good for 2 days without MCWD if there is a brownout, worth every peso.

24255059_923156157844723_6777203479433391692_o.jpg

I've been there and it's amazing how much beer that pressurized tank puts out!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

colemanlee
Posted (edited)

Im amazed, all the years Ive live here, in several different houses...through Yolanda, through numerous water outages, power outages....I never needed the Presidents number, or even the advice of a barangay captain...guess Im just lucky or maybe Im not like Forrest

Edited by colemanlee (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Goetz1965
Posted (edited)

All I learned from this problems :
1) whenever I biuild a house here I will make sure all the piping is exposed and not covered in any way !
2) Don't buy a house from MD Dreambuilders Cebu - their contractors build cheap sh** ! with cheap materials - and they only give you 1 year warranty ... LOL

Last nicht MCWD didnt delivever water so this morning the tank was empty and we couldnt go on looking whats wrong. Now the guys will come back this night at 8pm and hopefully water from MCWD is running too ...

Edited by Goetz1965 (see edit history)

lopburi3
1 minute ago, Goetz1965 said:

All I learned from this problems :
1) whenever I biuild a house here I will make sure all the piping is exposed and not covered in any way !

Probably a good idea as makes troubleshooting much easier - but be sure to buy good quality material if exposed to sun.  I have a 40 year old home and have indeed changed to external water lines just about everywhere.  This is especially important when using higher pressure pumps as often joints are not joined well - even in new construction.  Holders like this make it very easy and you can paint pipe to match walls.

Image result for pvc pipe wall holder

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

I have a 40 year old home and have indeed changed to external water lines just about everywhere.

Is that the common way in Thailand ?  How do Thai water lines differ  ? Do you recommend importing water lines from Thailand ?  How much do they cost in Thailand ?  

• Like 3

lopburi3
Posted (edited)

In the event anyone really wants to know external lines are not common but many expats have changed to using them as use higher pressure pumps, such a Grundfos, and need easy access.    My response was for Goetz who says is going to go external pipes.  Obviously you work with what you have.

Edited by lopburi3 (see edit history)

HongKongPhooey
11 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

but be sure to buy good quality material if exposed to sun. 

Do you use any external coating other than  regular paint since the sun exposure would make the plastic pipes brittle in short time?

musicman666
Posted (edited)

That’s what I did with my old house ..i condemned the whole system and put in surface pipes everywhere Hong Kong style...what prompted me to do this was an underground leak below the slab that in one month racked up a massive bill...anyone who buries their pipes in soil or concrete is just asking for trouble. 

I used metal ...if it leaks the great thing about surface mount  is that you can see it and repair it easily before it becomes an issue. 

Edited by musicman666 (see edit history)

lopburi3
15 hours ago, HongKongPhooey said:

Do you use any external coating other than  regular paint since the sun exposure would make the plastic pipes brittle in short time?

I just used thick blue PVC pipe outside - most is not in sun nobody seems to have a problem with what we have here in Thailand.  You might want to ask what is best there however.  It does make for some hot water however - until what is in sun pipe has been used.

• Thanks 1

Headshot
8 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I just used thick blue PVC pipe outside - most is not in sun nobody seems to have a problem with what we have here in Thailand.  You might want to ask what is best there however.  It does make for some hot water however - until what is in sun pipe has been used.

PPR is much better than PVC. Once the connections are heat-welded, you never have to worry about them again, so no more leaks. PVC gets brittle under UV (outside), whereas PPR does not, so no more broken pipes. With PPR, you need to either find a plumber who has a PPR welder, or you need to buy one yourself. They are fairly cheap in the big scheme of things, and if you no longer need it after the job is done, it can be sold. However, I kept mine because I may change my plumbing sometime in the future. I also suggest that you bump the pipe size up one more than most use (as in use 1" rather than 3/4" for house runs). The added size gives you more flow, which equates to more water at the fixtures.