• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Goetz1965

Need a reliable plumber to fix watertank/pump installation

Goetz1965

I live in Apas-Lahug (near JY Sqaure Mall) and need a plumber with knowledge to check and fix the installed tank/pump.

Its a Besttank with a Eurostar pump.
Sometimes I can hear water flowing into the tank - but its steel so I have no clue about how much water it holds.
Next s that I saw some leaking - but that day we always had water.
The pump is always running - 24/7 - I dont like that waste of electricity 
And since yesterday we have no water.

Anyone can recommend a guy with knowledge to come over and fix it

Davaoeno

Go to Citihardware . They will be able to refer you to someone. 

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

just in case you haven't already,  flip the breaker or switch to the pump.  you don't want it running if there is no water going thru it.  

it's been a few hours since you posted but if you haven't found any help yet at citi hardware then pm me. 

Goetz1965

The Landlord has his "engineer" who fixed the house before I moved in.
So I wait now for that guy to come around hopefully - told him already 2 times that the tank/pump need to be checked but always only "yes will do..."

If today hes not bringing a plumber I found Cebu Plumbers in Mandaue - they have a good Google recommendation - so if jtmwatchbiz has no better plumber I will call them.

I guess the pump is broken - it runs but it doesnt raise the water pressure at all.

Dafey

Sounds like you need to motivate the landlord. Maybe the Barangay Captain is your next step?

Goetz1965

The landlord is ok - the engeneer was too "shy" to tell that he doesnt know a plumber.

I don't need a Barangay Captain - I have Pres. Dutertes cellphone number ...

Davaoeno
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

I have Pres. Dutertes cellphone number

So do I !  Its called the TIP line -  ie   Turn in a Pusher !!  :P

Why just last night I called him and said " You know Roddy  [ because he insists that I call him Roddy - us being bff and all ! ]  , I'm pretty sure that the Russians are behind all this drug importation  [ since I saw a show on tv with this guy Trump in it  and thats what he said  ]  .  And Roddy told me he would send a couple of guys over to my house on a motorcycle to take my complaint  but since I'm not really sure why he's sending two of them I'm currently at home hiding under my bed and shitting myself every time I hear a m/c drive up !

Anyway before  Roddy and i said good bye I asked him if he could recommend a good plumber but he said all the plumbers he knows are in Davao !   

Anyway at the risk of repeating myself let me just say that I have been through this problem several times and since Citi Hardware sells tanks, and valves, and pumps and does installations of all of them that is where i always found a plumber. 

Edited by Davaoeno (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

to_dave007

Do you have deep well?  Where does your water come from?

Sounds like pump has lost "prime", or your well (if you have one) is dry, and if it continues to run non-stop then eventually the pump motor will go.

• Like 1

Steven Mactan

I don't know if you have managed to fix your problem with your pump continually running or not, but it sure sounds to me that the check valve on the suction side of the pump has gone bad.  If the check valve goes bad, then the pump cannot build up pressure and it will just keep running forever.  However, if it keeps turning on and off many times, and you don't see water leaking anywhere, then I would check your toilet to make sure that it isn't running.  If the float ball in your toilet tank is stuck open for some reason, then it will continually cycle water into the bowl, and as a result your pressure pump will run quite a bit. However, if it is staying on all the time, then I would place my bet on the check valve on the suction side of your pressure pump.  

• Like 1

Goetz1965

1st try: Landlords engineer 3 times only said "yes yes" to get a plumber, after 3rd time he had to tell the truth that he doesn't know a plumber at all.

2nd try: Then I called "Cebu Plumber" (you find them in google) - I was happy that the next day 2 guys really came out to check the installation - but it was sunday and monday was holiday. So I waited for them on tuesday to text me how much a fix would cost - but they only texted me that they will first install a valve and come next day - but wednesday no one came, also until today they never showed up - I cannot recoomend Cebu Plumber !
Luckily they didnt ask any money for the checkup - and I didnt pay them.

3rd try: So I went to ACE hadware in SM City on Thursday too to ask if they know someone because they sell Besttank and Eurostar pumps. Instead of giving me a contact the guy there called his friend and they told me they will come over the next day after work, bring their tools and check everything.
I gave him my contact and full adress and he told me to text me the next day,
As my TV arrived the next day I had to buy me a wall mount so I had a reason to go to ACE again (wallmount was 999 only). 
This time my gf was with me and when I saw the guy I waived him hello - but he was like he never had seen me before - so I asked him if he still will come and which time - als my gf told him the problem again in visiayan. He still was like ????? and then he asked for contact data again .... My gf gave him her number and we rove home, then he told he needs 300 to come to me and do the check - I told him sure he gets paid when everything is done. Guess who never showed up ....
Next time in ACE I will just ask him why he thinks he can be so stupid to me - and depending on his answer I might inform his boss.

4th try: Saturday morning then my gf asked our neighbour if he might help - 2 hours later the neighbour came back with a giy from MWCD who checked again - this guy seems to know better what hes doing - he checked the pump and has knowledge.
So he told me what he needs to fix it and I went to buy in hardware store in Saturday and the guy came around Sunday morning to fix everything. Unfortunately the tank was empty so he couldnt check with real water.
But he will come back this morning around 11am.

Yesterday night the tank filled up again - but the pump is still continuous running - but this time it builds a little pressure - but not much. Unfortunately now after we let the pump run for about 40 minutes it started to pump air again (different sound) and the tank is empty (800 l ) - but all faucets were closed. I see no leaking from any piping - so I just can tell our guy that and see what he will do....

To be continued ...

• Like 1

Richard K
Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2018 at 6:28 PM, to_dave007 said:

Do you have deep well?  Where does your water come from?

Sounds like pump has lost "prime", or your well (if you have one) is dry, and if it continues to run non-stop then eventually the pump motor will go.

:thumbsup: I had a problem of a pin-hole leak in an elbow going into the pressure regulator. it was so small that I had to put soapy water on it to find it... it drove me nuts for 3 days. The tank would pressurize to about 30psi and if i set it there it would shut off but bleed off and start back up.
Once I replaced that elbow it pumped right up to 47psi and held fine.
If you have a well it sounds like maybe the foot valve maybe stuck..if so you will never keep prime.
If you let the pump run dry for too long it will become useless.. it will run but it just won't move any water.
It sounds to me like your pump is sucking air somewhere.. you won't see a leak of water.

Edited by Richard K (see edit history)

Steven Mactan

Any chance you can post some digital photos of your Bestank and your pressure pump?  Maybe this will help other get a better understanding of what your dealing with?  

Also, maybe there is a valve left open somewhere in your system which is not allowing your tank to build up pressure?  

I know that in my mother in law's case, you have to open one ball valve and then close another to add water from MCWD to her pasong (800 gallon concrete storage box).  Later when she wants to use her pressure pump to pump water into her house, she has to reverse these two valves so that the water from pressure tank will flow into her house.  

However, if someone forgets to close the ball valve from the main MCWD line, then water will flow from her pressure tank back out through the MCWD supply line, and her pump will never shut off because it is trying to pressurize the entire barangay.  

So make sure that you don't have any valves left open which are sending water back out to Metro Cebu Water District.  

• Like 1

Richard K

Aren't Bestank an open system tank? Mainly for storage?

download.jpg

Steven Mactan
4 minutes ago, Richard K said:

Aren't Bestank an open system tank? Mainly for storage?

download.jpg

They also make pressurized tanks 

Enuff
3 minutes ago, Steven Mactan said:

They also make pressurized tanks 

We put in a 1500L tank, 3/4 hp pump & 21L pressure tank (total cost for everything less than p30k).

MCWD runs whenever ball valve drops and pressure will take the skin right off your weiner.

We are now good for 2 days without MCWD if there is a brownout, worth every peso.

24255059_923156157844723_6777203479433391692_o.jpg

• Like 5