Lordblacknail

Is It Just Me?

lopburi3

Actually was not agreeing with that policy (sad face) - only pointing out that it is often thought of in that manner.  Of course there are cases where overstay happens for reasons beyond anyone's control.  But in point of fact most overstay is self inflicted and could easily be avoided - especially in the Philippines where it is only a matter of cash and local immigration visit.  It is a bit naive to support overstay in PI and then get upset when Philippine visitors have issues visiting US and other countries (due there countrymans overstay).  Overstay should not happen anywhere near as much as it does; as it affects everyone. 

• Like 1

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

But he is not alone - it is the wording in official policy here in Thailand. :mellow:

Image result for thailand good guys in - bad guys out

Ah , I get your point now ! You think that anyone overstaying is  the same as a Thai case of " arrested and prosecuted " !  Now that is indeed an interesting view of the matter .

Jack Rat
1 hour ago, oztony said:

Not everyone lives a totally organised life , money constraints , marriage problems , arising expensive medical issues ....heck even depression.....

So to be honest your comment stating "condone" is completely out of line , assisting and helping people is part of the involvement in this forum for those that choose to do so.

Please consider this , and do not bring the ire of those that do help others upon yourself in this discussion.

Cheers Tony..... 

Tony, just saying!!! :)

Jack Rat
34 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually was not agreeing with that policy (sad face) - only pointing out that it is often thought of in that manner.  Of course there are cases where overstay happens for reasons beyond anyone's control.  But in point of fact most overstay is self inflicted and could easily be avoided - especially in the Philippines where it is only a matter of cash and local immigration visit.  It is a bit naive to support overstay in PI and then get upset when Philippine visitors have issues visiting US and other countries (due there countrymans overstay).  Overstay should not happen anywhere near as much as it does; as it affects everyone. 

I totally agree and as quoted 3 years, wow!!! Hard to believe!!!!

Jack Rat
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

It's interesting that you feel that anyone who somehow overstays is an undesirable whereas anyone who doesn't overstay is a good guy .

Did I say 'anyone', I don't think so!! I meant it somewhat taints the good guys reputations, and I am sure there are a few good guys out there.

HTM
9 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

and I am sure there are a few good guys out there.

NO, it's not!

We all bad!

Jack Rat
34 minutes ago, HTM said:

NO, it's not!

We all bad!

Who's we?

Davaoeno
48 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

Did I say 'anyone', I don't think so!! I meant it somewhat taints the good guys reputations, and I am sure there are a few good guys out there.

At least be man enough to stand by your statements 

• Haha 1

HTM
4 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

Who's we?

WE!

The others!

Jack Rat
16 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

At least be man enough to stand by your statements 

Haa Haa....but m told I am one of the good guys......:)

16 minutes ago, HTM said:

WE!

The others!

Other who?

• Like 1

HTM
1 minute ago, Jack Rat said:

Haa Haa....but m told I am one of the good guys......:)

Other who?

The bad ones!

Jack Rat
4 minutes ago, HTM said:

The bad ones!

I guess we had better get back to the topic before our honesty gets us banned.;)

• Haha 1

Jawny

I think the OP will see now that the LinC remains intact as an interesting and useful site for expats to inform each other and be supportive.  Such a fascinating thread with such informative posts.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1