• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Lordblacknail

Is It Just Me?

Lordblacknail

or does this forum seem to be dying a not so slow death? What used to be a daily stop when I get up in the morning to see what insanity has been posted, now seems to be a yawn. I realize that everybody has their idea of what they want their "baby" to be, but this baby doesn't seem to be growing at all. Maybe we should call a doctor. Or maybe I am just not in the groove.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Mr. Mike

No....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

shadow
8 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

or does this forum seem to be dying a not so slow death? What used to be a daily stop when I get up in the morning to see what insanity has been posted, now seems to be a yawn. I realize that everybody has their idea of what they want their "baby" to be, but this baby doesn't seem to be growing at all. Maybe we should call a doctor. Or maybe I am just not in the groove.

Image result for yawn meme

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

smokey
2 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

When i sign on first thing i do is see how many of my post are hidden seems the forum is being directed to fit a specific flow at times..Of course this is allowed by the owner as they see fit in a few years i see a complete different mix of people as with harry the horse i used to click and read every month now maybe a few times a year its become to formal 4 me. 

softail

Let’s see how long this thread will stay up , or will it disappear into the abyss?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Alfred E. Neuman

Mutualism = give and take

Parasitism = extraction and destruction

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Woolf

I think there is not much change in activity to the open forums

When you close the outlaw forum and the other hidden forum

then of cause the total activity will go down

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

oztony
Posted (edited)

Some people contribute and  provide reading and interest for others and some people just complain when the others aren't providing enough material...simple stuff really.......

Edited by oztony (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

lamoe

The majority of the posts at one time could be rated G, PG, & R (X not too many indulged in)

The only one that actually took any mental dexterity and research to establish validity was the R (religion / politics - mainly US, etc)

Now  the site - to quote from a rather interesting movie featuring Roller Girl -  "it is what it is"

• Like 1

oztony
1 hour ago, Lordblacknail said:

Is It Just Me?

It is you , but it is not "just" you , there are lot's of others also , you have been a member for 8 years and have 800 posts so 100 posts a year ...2 posts per week...

There are members here that post pics , provide answers to questions and locations of certain things , some reminisce on certain experiences and events that have occurred and hop on the keyboard and share that with others ...there are very few real contributors to the content on this forum compared to those that lurk and want to be entertained and kept informed by the ones that take the time and effort to strike the keys........

So my message to those that are finding it a bit dull around here of late is to take the effort to also contribute and help bring this place out of the doldrums......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Jawny

I’ve always felt the forum a useful place to gain or share information or experiences related to living here.  I don’t use the forum for entertainment.  My internet connection is slow most times, so all the "videos to share" and such are of little value.  

As far as the hot topics that are essentially banned, I am fine with that.  No offense to anyone, but I really don’t come to a forum about living in the Philippines to be better informed about politics, religion etc.  

I have no personal connection to anyone here.  Frankly, the chumminess sometimes degrades the usefulness as members try to amuse each other with their posts.

I don’t see much change to the forum recently.  However, that may be because I use my own filter system by not reading a lot of the less interesting topics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

HTM

No, it's not just you.
In 2016, it was normal that there were 100-300 here when I logged on, now it is 5-30.
The forum has gradually "disappeared" since 2016, if there is to be more activity, the new owner must change things her.

Today people are used to social media that is not over moderated and censored,
It's better that members here develop a bit thicker skin so they not longer so sensitive and easily offended.
Moderate unlawfulness and urge for criminal and illegal activity, leave the rest.

It's not dangerous if anyone has a different religious or political view than you.
Nor is it dangerous if someone does not like me or say "Harry you are a fat idiot and your wives are too young for an old pig like you"
People can do such on FB, that's what people are used to na, not a bunch of sour old grumpy olds who make a drama if anyone disagrees with them. BTW drama is ok, s long as nobody moderates it hehehe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, softail said:

or will it disappear into the abyss

we have an abyss ??

• Like 1

Mr. Mike

Freakin Canadians....love you, mean it...:)

....now go hunt a moose.

• Like 2

battleborn

I am not a big poster, but I agree with Lordblacknail

• Like 3