• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Humboldt

Baby Boy @ 22yrs of age

Humboldt

My step Son's picture hangs in the living room proud graduate of the  Marine academy , He was so excited to start his apprenticeship program ..

but he soon discovered the Captain was not a nice guy , making him pull the 2am-4am watch , and baby boy was unable to get enough sleep . food was lousy .

ship very hot , work was very dangerous , so baby boy quit the program .... before i could explain  to him that its the Captains job to weed out the pussies before  shit hits the fan .. 

so my advice to anyone paying to send a kid thur college make sure the have the ability / fortitude /endurance/strength  / backbone spirit to finish the job....

• Like 8

to_dave007
Posted (edited)

Wife's kid brother finished high school and took a progression of shit jobs paying 150 peso a day starting at age 18.. the first one he quit because..  "my work mate was too boastful".  What do you even say to that.

He toughened up a bit after I told him that if he wasn't working or in school, he can stay at our house 2 days a month and then must stay elsewhere.  He's back in school now.  Jury is still out with the final verdict.

Edited by to_dave007 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

colemanlee

One of my wifes brothers wants to go the the Marine Academy....the wife wants to send him, but honestly he reminds me of your step son...never finished anything worth while that actually takes work

• Like 1

to_dave007

It's like you need some kind of "test" or "challenge" that they should complete BEFORE wasting 4 years and a whole lot of money on school.

• Like 2

Semper paratus
5 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

It's like you need some kind of "test" or "challenge" that they should complete BEFORE wasting 4 years and a whole lot of money on school.

It's called the Military.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

smokey
9 hours ago, colemanlee said:

One of my wifes brothers wants to go the the Marine Academy....the wife wants to send him, but honestly he reminds me of your step son...never finished anything worth while that actually takes work

my wife has some nephews did the course out of school they did the OJT on a boat finished in 3 months spent the next 18 months looking for a slot

Busted Dick
3 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Not even the military; I did an apprenticeship in the mining industry; the first year was spent doing some pretty hard/horrible but necessary, largely unskilled work, for a very low wage.  It sorted out the future capable and hardened mineworkers from those who simply were not cut out for the job.

• Like 2

lamoe
12 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

7 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Was going to be my reply but given the recent lamentations of Army over quality of recruits and the habit of lowering standards to meet graduation quotas not so sure any more.

Not sure about here.

sugbu777
18 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

"my work mate was too boastful".  What do you even say to that.

Huh?! I'm with you...I don't know what I would say to that either. Too boastful...WTH.

yee

Sounds to me like they're sure there is someone they can depend on if they don't fend for themselves. Either that or they're stupid. So dependence or stupidity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
49 minutes ago, yee said:

Sounds to me like they're sure there is someone they can depend on if they don't fend for themselves. Either that or they're stupid. So dependence or stupidity.

Stupid to believe there will always be someone to depend on?

• Like 4

Davaoeno
2 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Stupid to believe there will always be someone to depend on?

I

When a sense of entitlement is allowed to exist then logic does not enter into the mix ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

colemanlee
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I

When a sense of entitlement is allowed to exist then logic does not enter into the mix ! 

Indeed...I was totally flabbergasted when the wifes siblings told her that they were entitled to her new found source of income because she married a foreigner...and what was freaking me out is they actually believed that. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

delancey
5 hours ago, colemanlee said:

Indeed...I was totally flabbergasted when the wifes siblings told her that they were entitled to her new found source of income because she married a foreigner...and what was freaking me out is they actually believed that. 

If that isn’t a response worthy of a popular post of its own I don’t know what is. True classic!

Semper paratus
5 hours ago, colemanlee said:

I think it might be more that they wanted YOU to actually believe that. Hmmm...............

• Like 2