• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Jawny

Has anyone recently been to the Ormoc ferry terminal and noticed if parking is available?  A few weeks ago, the parking was not available as some construction was underway.  I’d like to make a day trip to Cebu, but only if I can use the parking at the ferry terminal.  Not interested in alternative parking.

Dafey

We last went on Feb 21 and there was no Parking. In the past I have tipped the guard downstairs at Don Felipe to let me day park.

• Like 2

soupeod

Still under construction as of a week ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jawny

Thanks for the recent info.  My BIL went today and asked, but the answer was less than clear.  There was no parking allowed, but not clear if this is a permanent change.  I suspect it will become similar to how pier 1 in Cebu is now.  Day trips come a more complicated choice now.  

• Like 2

Jim Sibbick
On 3/14/2018 at 11:04 PM, Jawny said:

Thanks for the recent info.  My BIL went today and asked, but the answer was less than clear.  There was no parking allowed, but not clear if this is a permanent change.  I suspect it will become similar to how pier 1 in Cebu is now.  Day trips come a more complicated choice now.  

You don't like v-hires then?

I have never had to do a day trip but if I did, the v-hire for me drops off opposite the pier.

• Like 1

Jawny
22 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

You don't like v-hires then?

I have never had to do a day trip but if I did, the v-hire for me drops off opposite the pier.

I will never ride any of the vans in Leyte.  

The purpose of the day trip is to shop and come back wth parcels easy to get into the car etc.  

We do use a driver with a multicab or occasionally using our vehicle.  Just not for day trips.

• Like 2

Jim Sibbick
3 minutes ago, Jawny said:

I will never ride any of the vans in Leyte.  

The purpose of the day trip is to shop and come back wth parcels easy to get into the car etc.  

We do use a driver with a multicab or occasionally using our vehicle.  Just not for day trips.

That sounds like a definite no then!

hyaku

Before Weesam came and put up signs overnight parking was OK. But I have parked there many times for one sometimes two nights. Pay the guards a small amount for overstay and snack money and it was fine. Last time I did it I was taken to the port office as if I had committed a serious crime.

Paid the money and asked what would happen if I had an emergency and could not come back the same day. They said it's fine in extenuating circumstances.

As Dafy says parking under Don Filipe is the best idea.

• Like 2

Jawny

The pier in Ormoc is clearly under construction of various types.  There is no day parking allowed.  In fact, the security even stopped our vehicle to be sure we had tickets.  

The waiting area is also under some sort of change.  All check in is done in one small area and crowded, as you’d expect.  Everything seems temporary.  

At least the X-ray machines work now.  

• Like 1