soupeod

Motorcycling in the Philippines

RR3
1 minute ago, cookie47 said:

Ah, ok.
Yeh i only posted for member interest, not realising that it was not available.
I like to keep up and read about "anything" with wheels and an engine. Cheers...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Keep on posting. Always interested anything w bikes

• Like 1

Dafey

I like this guys tour...he's trying to ride all the provinces in three years!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dafey

As you guys know I'm always combing the internet for bike reviews and new stuff. I was looking for reviews on Zongshen when I found this guy...Hilarious!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

TequilaSunset

BEANS!

Never heard of this brand

Dafey

I have a Motorstar explorer 150. (Zongshen. Chinese bike)

The Chinese have an aweful rep for motorcycles and they've earned it but Zongshen is turning it around...a little! They have a long ways to go though.

I do like my bike but there are things I would have changed in design. It's fine for around the Philippines.

IMG_1369.thumb.JPG.13e33604558d9b7c2a0bafbd009de951.JPG

Edited by Dafey
  • Like 2

RR3

Found my way today to DES Yamaha down in Maxilom next to Robinson Galleria. They have it all, only big Yamaha from R15 to monster R1. Nice to see the whole line w my own eyes. FYI  no test ride, I asked already.

Dude there tell me new Serow 250 coming beginning of 2019, more power (24hp?), ABS. ABS I dont care so much but more power never wrong. Old Serow, now fazed out is 16hp. 

Then I checked the tube and I am not so impressed. Why, tell me. Give me WR250 😎

• Like 2

RR3
3 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

BEANS!

Never heard of this brand

It's a small brand. Only produces 10 fold what HD does :chopper:

Dafey

• Like 4

RR3

2-wheel quad Yamaha TW200

Fuel-Injection Haters Rejoice! Yamaha Still Makes a Carbureted Dual Sport

by Allyn Hinton, on June 13, 2017, 09:00

Fuel-injection haters rejoice. There are still some carbureted options out there for off-road. Spec-wise, the TW200 is the same bike Yamaha has offered for over a decade, but that shouldn’t stop you from taking a look. The TW200 — brought forward for 2018 — with its scrappy little 196 cc engine is a nice learning bike, fully street legal but with that distinctive motocross-style swale seat that says you’re going off-road. On the move, the bike has nice low-end torque and you’ll feel the front end trying to come up when you get even a little twisty. Dual sport, yes, but so much about this bike just begs to be in the dirt.

The first thing I notice when approaching the TW200 are those fat — almost freakishly fat — tires. Yamaha put a 130 series tire on the front — a size that is usually reserved for the rear on a bike this size — and put a 180 series tire on the rear. With the knobby treads reaching around almost from rim to rim, you know the bike wants to be off the pavement.

The second thing I notice is how slim the bike is. I might call it almost wasp-waisted. Combined with the low-seat height of just over 31 inches, it’s easy to find the ground at stoplights and for low-speed maneuvers. Far be it for me to call 31 inches "low" seat height, but for off-road, that really is low-low.

Instrumentation is easy-to-read and analog mounted on top of the tripletree inside the headlight can that almost doubles as a squared-off bullet fairing. I haven’t seen anything official, but figures range from 66 to 73 mph top speed; those are coming from enthusiast, non-professional riders on public roads. Still, when the bike gets up close to highway speeds, there’s a bit of vibration.

Yamaha kept the frame nice and light with a single-downtube, stressed-engine frame design that uses the engine as a structural member to complete the assembly. This precludes the need for a heavy cradle to support the engine weight, and simplifies construction somewhat. The steering head provides 25.8-degrees of rake for 3.4-inches of trail; figures that make the TW200 agile and responsive to steering inputs.

The 33 mm front forks come with 6.3 inches of travel and bellow gaiters to keep the swept part of the fork tubes clean and free of seal-destroying grit. A coil-over monoshock springs the box-section swingarm, and comes with a 5.9-inch travel of its own. While suspension travel is not even close to that of single-purpose, off-road bikes, the suspension is quite cushy, and adequate for its multi-task role as a dual-sport.

A 110 mm, mechanical drum brake binds the rear wheel, and a hydraulic caliper with a single, 220 mm disc binds the front. While the disc size is adequate, it lacks the popular “wave-cut” design that provides a modicum of self-cleaning ability, so I would call this an area with a little room for improvement. The wheels themselves come laced, so you can count on that little extra bit of give on rough terrain, and the special, on-road/off-road 130/80-18 front and 180/80-14 rear tires serve as a “Jack-of-All” to make the whole rig work.

Though the air-cooled, four stroke mill is rather small at 196 cc, it is apparently big enough. Riders seem to alternate between moonshots and squeals of glee — sometimes both concurrently — so even though Yamaha is a bit stingy with hard performance number, it’s safe to say it’s powerful enough for the job. The over-square engine runs a 9.5 to 1 compression, so no need for race gas or even premium pump gas here, and a 28 mm Mikuni carburetor feeds the mill while keeping everything nice and simple. Simple is good, m’kay?

The capacitor discharge ignition (CDI) provides maintenance free ignition, and the automatic cam-chain tensioner keeps itself set just right, so you can spend more time riding and less time tinkering. A constant-mesh, five-speed transmission sends power to the rear wheel via the chain drive. I am a little surprised at the lack of a kickstarter, given that this bike has such a small engine and that it’s designed for off-road use at least half the time; but hey, that’s probably just me.

https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/yamaha/2016-2018-yamaha-tw200-ar171244.html

• Like 1