• Commercial Banner Advertisers

the.lone.gunman

Child support

Jawny

Ive done this for some distant relatives. It was done anonymously, using the billy boy tribe in our area.  My BIL is active in the tribe and can manage these sort of donations.  I have never had a problem saying no to anyone coming to me for a handout.  Only once was I asked directly for money. Mutually the requests come to my wife and she says to ask me.  Only happened once....answer was no.

• Like 1

cebubird
31 minutes ago, Jawny said:

If you were able to provide any assistance, beyond advice, I’d offer to help her with the initial costs of having a child.  Crib, diapers, clothing, that sort of thing.  The probability of getting the father to provide support is slim to none.  

If this were someone I knew, I’d be sure she is advised about what she might expect.  A foreign looking child is often a novelty and many want to borrow the baby just to admire its cuteness.  Later, when the child matures, things change.  If the child is handsome or beautiful the crab mentality results in some odd behavior.  Some will befriend the beauty, others will be jealous and shun the child.  This is based solely upon physical appearance.  

Some neighbors will make snide comments about the bastard child.  Not really intended in a mean spirited way.  Just bone heads stating the obvious.  

Perhaos a supply of condoms or BC pills is appropriate. 

"bastard child" That's sort of funny since 1/2 the kids running around are born out of wedlock and useless father disappears. But yeah-see your point, guess big diff if filipino bastard or foreigner bastard.

SkyMan
21 hours ago, the.lone.gunman said:

A “ European national “ is someone from Europe such as a Brit or a German etc.,

I don't think giving  out the country would narrow it down much but someone else from hat country might be able to give insight on that country's political climate on child support matters or possible agencies to contact.

37 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Perhaos a supply of condoms or BC pills is appropriate. 

A little late for that.

• Like 3

billy
21 hours ago, the.lone.gunman said:

i am not involved here, the girl in question is a friend of a friend‘s wife and i am wondering if she has any recourse. A “ European national “ is someone from Europe such as a Brit or a German etc., I am just trying to keep it rather vague to protect any innocents. This forum is usually a great source of info so i thought i would ask here.

listen if you care so much you can support the baby. let's see how much you care now.

the.lone.gunman
49 minutes ago, billy said:

listen if you care so much you can support the baby. let's see how much you care now.

Thanks for your contribution. It really helps.

• Like 2

delancey

Not to pontificate. Absolutely not to be insensitive. Do the DNA, if possible.

• Thanks 1

RickyL

No support is ever paid out without getting a DNA test. Maybe his country has some type of reciprocal agreement with the Philippines regarding family law?

mikewright
On 2/15/2018 at 5:55 AM, the.lone.gunman said:

A young Filipina i know has a baby with a Eurupean national. No question it is his baby, but no DNA  test. After he found out she was pregnant he returned to EU and refuses to supprt tthe child. Is there any legal means that she can use to get the father to pay child support ? is there a way that the father can be banned from the country if he refuses to pay ?

I suggest she contact a community legal advice centre in the father’s country, if possible.  Many countries have community organizations, often run by volunteers, which provide free legal advice to people who cannot otherwise afford advice. Advice can usually be by obtained through phone or email. These groups are often able to provide solid practical advice and assistance in matters such as this.

As the laws will differ depending on the jurisdiction involved, she really needs advice from someone familiar with the laws of that country. For example, not all jurisdictions require DNA testing, particularly where a purported parent refuses to undergo a DNA test. Although a judge may not have authority to force a person to undergo a DNA test, the fact that a person refuses to undergo a DNA test if ordered to do may be taken into account by the judge when making a ruling on paternity.

• Like 4

Sealover

I'm quite sure, if a filipina could get child support from foreign country, it would be well know here in the Philippines.. In my country child support is 12000 peso a month, that's is normal child support. If your salary is more than "normal" income, then you pay higer child support

to_dave007
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎15 at 6:55 AM, the.lone.gunman said:

A young Filipina i know has a baby with a Eurupean national. No question it is his baby, but no DNA  test. After he found out she was pregnant he returned to EU and refuses to supprt tthe child. Is there any legal means that she can use to get the father to pay child support ? is there a way that the father can be banned from the country if he refuses to pay ?

Some jurisdictions DO have reciprocal agreements for enforcement of child support orders.  For example Ontario Canada has agreements with Hong Kong, and Bermuda and South Africa, but not with the Philippines.  Oh.. and in Canada child support is not handled nationally..  but provincially.

Australia has reciprocal agreements with many more countries:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/reciprocating-jurisdictions-and-residency-child-support

Some years ago..  about 10..  I did some research on this issue for an online contact near Manila with a baby fathered by a man from the UK.  There ARE agreements in place between the UK and the Philippines (https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/reciprocal-enforcement-maintenance-orders-remos)  And I found that there WAS a person in the UK embassy in Manila to contact in situations like this (child in PI father in UK).  But think about it..  what can the embassy do without a court order?  And which court would issue the order (PI or UK)? and what information would be required before a court order could be issued by anyone?

Does the mother have absolutely clear and accurate information to even establish the identity of the father?  Copy of passport?  Residence address?  Government ID number?  Employer?  Or does she have a Facebook address, an email address and a number for sms.  Does she even know his full name?

You've even said mother has no DNA test, and I assume this means she has no proof of paternity at all?  She tells you "I know it's his"..  but that's not enough for a court.  How many times has a woman been 100% sure that the baby came from one man, only to have a DNA test prove it's not his child.  That's why DNA tests are done.

So..  assuming she knew exactly who the man was, and could have papers reliably served to him, and assuming she could establish paternity by a man who will not cooperate, then she has to approach a court (which one) and file a submission, and the court would have to agree to hear the case.

To do all of this would require legal services in the European country of the father.  Too expensive for a young Filipina you might say.  But if I was a betting man I would bet that you could relatively easily find a family law firm in the fathers country that would take such a case for free..  if paternity was known.

One final point..  if paternity were clearly established..  that fact may well create citizenship rights for the child in the European country of the child's father.  If the father was Canadian citizen..  child would have rights to Canadian citizenship..  but paternity would need to be proven.

[EDIT.. I lied..  Here's another final point..  how many young Filipina does ANYONE here know with the drive..  and the strength..  and the resources..  and the attention span..  to pursue such a legal case that would take years to complete.]

Edited by to_dave007
  • Thanks 2

smokey

You guys are way ahead of yourselves 

• Haha 1