Salty Dog

Those Were The Days

Semper paratus
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

mmmm             MSG   DDT  Roundup  Sugar  Tobacco   Thalidomide    Mercury in fish  [ not really a drug ]

Oh, fond memories of drinking and shooting up DDT and Round-Up. Those were the days. By the way, what is supposedly wrong with Round-Up ? I thought it was great stuff for along my fence lines. Don't tell me I am going to die.

Oh, almost missed one, those sugar highs were great, I used to snort it all the time. 

• Like 1

Jack Rat
4 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Oh, fond memories of drinking and shooting up DDT and Round-Up. Those were the days. By the way, what is supposedly wrong with Round-Up ? I thought it was great stuff for along my fence lines. Don't tell me I am going to die.

Oh, almost missed one, those sugar highs were great, I used to snort it all the time. 

Drinking DDT, did you have it straight and in a shot glass? 

Semper paratus
29 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

Drinking DDT, did you have it straight and in a shot glass? 

On the rocks.

Salty Dog

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

TequilaSunset
Posted (edited)

^^^I'm sad...

Edited by TequilaSunset

musicman666
19 hours ago, Kreole said:

Actually, we had those in the 50's and 60's when I was a kid.  Indeed they were very popular and came in different sizes.  Hours of good clean fun, especially on windy days.

Balsa ...that’s luxury ...we used to have our planes made out of this polystyrene card board stuff ...not the best. I remember my uncle bought me this huge kit with a propellor powered by an elastic band and these wheels that allowed take off. So on my first flight I wound up the propellor to maximum ..set in on the ground and let it go......it made this amazing takeoff ...soared into the sky over the roof of my house and that was the last I ever saw of it ....no matter how hard I tried I could never work out where it went once out of sight.

• Haha 4

colemanlee

wasn't it Testor that made the balsa F86's I played for hours with those things...once you got the wing right (sliding it fwd or back) would put a little piece of cardboard under it so it would stay there..

• Like 3

lamoe
2 hours ago, colemanlee said:

wasn't it Testor that made the balsa F86's I played for hours with those things...once you got the wing right (sliding it fwd or back) would put a little piece of cardboard under it so it would stay there..

I used broken toothpick shoved in from side - position survived crash landings  better but also caused wing breakage more

RogerDat

Remember the B 36 (plastic) that was launched with a rubber band, it would go thru a window screen. It even had a hole in the back you could stick a fire cracker in.

Kreole
14 hours ago, musicman666 said:

Balsa ...that’s luxury ...we used to have our planes made out of this polystyrene card board stuff ...not the best. I remember my uncle bought me this huge kit with a propellor powered by an elastic band and these wheels that allowed take off. So on my first flight I wound up the propellor to maximum ..set in on the ground and let it go......it made this amazing takeoff ...soared into the sky over the roof of my house and that was the last I ever saw of it ....no matter how hard I tried I could never work out where it went once out of sight.

That was a good laugh!  Thanks