Jump to content
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Recommended Posts

billy

My girlfriend is applying for a tourist visa to the U S. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help? She owns her own house. Has money in the bank. She doesn't work though lives with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salty Dog
8 minutes ago, billy said:

My girlfriend is applying for a tourist visa to the U S. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help? She owns her own house. Has money in the bank. She doesn't work though lives with me. 

Just recently, there was a thread. So it should have current info.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billy
22 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Just recently, there was a thread. So it should have current info.

 

I'm looking to see if anyone had any positive experiences or if there's anything that could help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jtmwatchbiz

pm the forum member "shadow" as he and his wife handle that sort of stuff all the time.  he may be able to assist but best discuss it via pm with him.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedRanger

Nothing really you can do. 

She needs to qualify for the visas based on her own qualifications.

I can say for sure it will be lucky if she gets a Tourist Visa, but if you don't apply then for sure you will never be issued one.  It only cost $160 to find out the answer

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
2 hours ago, billy said:

She owns her own house. Has money in the bank.

She'll need proof of that and whatever else.  The interviewer will only ask for her application, they will not ask for the other docs she brings.  So, the interviewer won't see the other docs.  When the interviewer asks for the app she needs to give all the docs along with the app.  Kind of a crap shoot though.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow

I don't really have much to add, everyone has pretty much told you the truth already. All I have to add is "Good luck".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enuff
Nothing really you can do. 
She needs to qualify for the visas based on her own qualifications.
I can say for sure it will be lucky if she gets a Tourist Visa, but if you don't apply then for sure you will never be issued one.  It only cost $160 to find out the answer
 
Probably closer to $500+, unless you live in Manila.

Transport to and from Cebu airport, round trip ticket, hotel, transport in Manila + meals.

Good thing is they don't drag it out all day. Most likely they already have made their decision before you show up. In and out in 10 minutes.



Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
5 minutes ago, Enuff said:

In and out in 10 minutes.

Takes a few hours but still no need for a room.  Early morning flight and afternoon return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jawny

From what I understand, the house and bank account are useful, but more importantly are things that demonstrate an expectation the traveler will return.  Houses can be sold or rented, bank account can be closed.  If she was attend8ng school and traveling during a semester break, this may show a desire to return to complete studies.  Perhaps ownership of a business, small or otherwise would have some influence.  Good luck.  Plan B might be a trip to an asean country 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lopburi3
56 minutes ago, Jawny said:

From what I understand, the house and bank account are useful, but more importantly are things that demonstrate an expectation the traveler will return.

Indeed reason to return to home country is the most important consideration and without a job this is going to be hard to support.  If poster has a strong connection (indicating he will remain in PI and a provable relationship perhaps that could be used - but that is also a two edged sword as if commitment to remain in PI is not strong it can be viewed as an attempt to circumvent normal immigration process to request a change of status once in US to remain for marriage.  If using this method be sure she has full information on family to be visited/when/where/itinerary and copy of your lease/work/whatever paperwork to indicate your ties to PI as well as to her.

Being married to a Thai and having received INS approval to apply for immigrant visa process (before deciding to remain in Thailand) we used that document and tourist visa was immediately issued several years later when we wanted to visit my sister.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billy

thanks everyone for your responses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedRanger

My sister in law who is residing in Singapore working there, I think she is like 28 years old and from Philippines applied 2 weeks ago in Singapore for a Tourist Visa.

She has traveled to Thailand a few times, and to Malaysia and Hong Kong.  She has a current two year work contact in Singapore been working there over 3 years now

She did her Visa interview in Singapore and was told " We will not be issuing you a Tourist Visa at this time". Of course she never asked the reason why she was denied.

My opinion is they have already decided the outcome before you arrive.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billy
1 hour ago, RedRanger said:

My sister in law who is residing in Singapore working there, I think she is like 28 years old and from Philippines applied 2 weeks ago in Singapore for a Tourist Visa.

She has traveled to Thailand a few times, and to Malaysia and Hong Kong.  She has a current two year work contact in Singapore been working there over 3 years now

She did her Visa interview in Singapore and was told " We will not be issuing you a Tourist Visa at this time". Of course she never asked the reason why she was denied.

My opinion is they have already decided the outcome before you arrive.

 

 

 

 

Yea that's what i'm thinking. It will cost about $370.00 all in all not spending the night in manila. At least we tried Oh well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedRanger
10 minutes ago, billy said:

Yea that's what i'm thinking. It will cost about $370.00 all in all not spending the night in manila. At least we tried Oh well. 

Here is my observation. The old and  rich can get a Tourist Visa, the rest get the shaft in the Philippines.

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert



  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

×