slowsmile

Building a house in the Cebu provinces -- cheaply.

Bob in Iligan

Kid, you hit a home run.

Bases loaded, out of the park.   Congratulations.  

It's a home run in life.   You get trolling no matter what you do.   You can win the superbowl and they'll still say you suck.   

I especially like a guy who encourages others of common stock to erect their own place.   I'm a building contractor.  

slowsmile
Posted (edited)

Thanks for your kind comment Bob from Iligan but I gotta say that you do have to suffer to get the house you want. Well, now my new house is actually finished and built. All that has to be done is for the electricians to come in and do final connections to the front lights in our drive. For the last 6 months my wife and I have been living in the new build. Everyday we here the sounds shrill sounds of metal cutters, tile cutters, hammering, sawing and drilling. Every damn day !! But I've gotta say that it was all well worth it in the end -- have  a look at the final photos.

As promised here are the final photos of our new house:

IMG20180708114322.jpg

Edited by slowsmile
  • Like 1

Davaoeno

I can relate to your comments about house color. Mine was also white but I decided to take a risk and go for something more " dramatic". The painters are about half finished.20180706_141357.thumb.jpg.d65d2ffea70512e868f9c5db07124733.jpg

• Like 3

slowsmile
Posted (edited)

Here are some more final photos of the new house:

IMG20180708114337.jpg

IMG20180708114254.jpg

IMG10180708114031.jpg

IMG20180708113955.jpg

IMG20180708114102.jpg

IMG20180708114127.jpg

IMG20180708114156.jpg

IMG20180708114212.jpg

IMG20180708114224.jpg

IMG20180708115717.jpg

IMG20180708115737.jpg

Edited by slowsmile
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Davaoeno

Looks great !!

slowsmile

@Davaoeno...You house is lovely for sure. Funny that I wanted the outside of my house painted white and my wife kept arguing that it was a boring color. Then she found out that no houses in our barangay are white -- they are torquoise, tan, grey concrete, brown  - but no white houses. So my wife then insisted we use white because nobody else had used that color for the outside of their house.😁

• Like 2

Headshot
Posted (edited)

Color can make a huge difference in the look of a house. With just a little paint and a small swoosh of a wand, our house went from this:

604620518_2011001.thumb.JPG.4ec7dc10b21475a12cb4d90db6eb097f.JPG

to this:

836342854_HousePerspective.thumb.jpg.11a903aa1fc2285c3a19dccac0012038.jpg

OK ... so it was a BIG swoosh of the wand. :cool:

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

TimL

I really like that color for your house Davaoeno. It looks really good.👍🏻

• Thanks 1

TequilaSunset

Dayumm... Everyone's houses look big and beautiful! Very jealous!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Davaoeno
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TequilaSunset said:

hahaha  Dont be !!  Just like in the West those things cost big pesos and need constant upkeep .  Plus the more you have invested in a house the more you are trapped here if you want to leave . 

btw  I have been renting this house for the last 3 years but I  just bought it 2 weeks ago to flip and the reno is to increase the value .   [ but lets keep this thread about slowsmile's house please- he did a great job building a house  and apparently at a very good price ]

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2

slowsmile

Here's another photo taken from the front door of our new house. It's interesting that there are quite a few Filipino families living in the jungle community opposite our house. Our house is set in a field where goats, carabao and a few cows occasionally graze in the daytime. I'm also a country boy who loves this kind of thing.

IMG20180709100205.jpg

• Like 4

Dafey
4 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

We spent 2.3 on a 3brm 2Ba with 275sqm. Put another 200K into improvements. Of course we are in the province but not completely remote. Very happy with our home.

(before improvements)

DSC04796.thumb.JPG.c761f613421f524eb671bd1d673d25e9.JPG

• Like 2

slowsmile
Posted (edited)

@Dafey...We purchased 400 sqm of land and built a 9m x 16m bungalow with 3 bed, 2 BR, gated drive with open garage and a back garden. Total cost for land, building materials and labor was PHP 2.6 m. I much prefer living in the provinces than living in cities or towns because it's much quieter. Horses for courses really. And the emphasis on this blog is really all about building a house from scratch as cheaply as possible in the provinces.

Edited by slowsmile
  • Thanks 1

Bob in Iligan

Those are all great places.  Thanks for the budget quote on the 2.6 million.   Always good to compare notes.