oztony

The Restaurant Scam....

oztony

My wife shared this video to me from FB , the guy filming had just arrived in Manila and asked a taxi to take him somewhere to get something to eat and drink , so the taxi driver who is obviously in on the scam of course obliged , .......$3000 Canadian dollars for lunch...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

to_dave007

Sounds like this might be a currency conversion issue and perhaps the guy has no peso at all.

I missed if he said "lunch" in the video.  Does not sound like "lunch" music in the background.

And not unusual that the taxi driver gets a kick back for bringing a patron..  happens around the world.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Sad 1

Enuff
My wife shared this video to me from FB , the guy filming had just arrived in Manila and asked a taxi to take him somewhere to get something to eat and drink , so the taxi driver who is obviously in on the scam of course obliged , .......$3000 Canadian dollars for lunch...

What did he order?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

agent17

There's a Grab (similar to Uber) and a yellow taxi (airport taxi) available at the airport right out the door.  Who takes a cab these days?  Even locals avoid the cab.

Lost

I think it's pretty obvious this is at some sort of a KTV or one of those fully nude strip bars in Manila where this is known to happen. Probably bought Cristal for all the dancers or something.

sugbu777

There's a sucker born every minute :P

musicman666
1 hour ago, Lost said:

I think it's pretty obvious this is at some sort of a KTV or one of those fully nude strip bars in Manila where this is known to happen.

I’ll have to take your word on that one 

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz
2 hours ago, Enuff said:

What did he order?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

heck he can drop by my home anytime and i'll make him a sangwich for only $2500.  and throw in chips and a soft drink for free.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

broden
27 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

a soft drink for free.  

can i get a refill?

• Haha 3

jtmwatchbiz
10 minutes ago, broden said:

can i get a refill?

this is the busy season so refills are subject to availability.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

broden
2 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

this is the busy season so refills are subject to availability.

come on man

you know i wanna give you a good yelp review

• Like 1

lamoe

Had same happen to one of my crew in Stuttgart Germany - young guy in early 20's

Dropped over $500 USD in a "club"  starting  Saturday til Sunday - had hotel? attached - not much money? 

Was around 1985 - 30 + years ago when it was something like 4 DM to the USD

He called company guest house I was staying in - bailed him out using my company credit card -  same as joints use here - their CC ID was a business name -not the Badda Bing

Saw her - waaaaay above his and my pay scale

Most legit I ever spent on dinner was over $1,500 USD in Switzerland for 4 people - around 1990 - VP, 2 customers and me. He had me put it on my company CC so he could approve it. Wine and liquor (mostly his) was abound 75%

I got audited - he got fired

• Like 1

Alfred E. Neuman

The reason why most Korean and Japanese restaurants here are too expensive is because tour operators get up to 30% commision.

RogerDat
3 hours ago, Alfred E. Neuman said:

The reason why most Korean and Japanese restaurants here are too expensive is because tour operators get up to 30% commision.

This need clarification I think.

Alfred E. Neuman
8 hours ago, RogerDat said:

This need clarification I think.

I had a restaurant that also gave a cut to drivers and tour guides but 20% the most.