• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Tullioz

Tropical Storm may affect much of The Visayas by Monday 12Feb18

Headshot
6 hours ago, Dafey said:

How's your lawn doing now Spankie? ;) Wait til you see whats coming your way!!!

My lawn is loving life. It rained pretty hard this afternoon, but we were at SM City Mall, so it never affected us, Then, we stopped at S&R on the way home, and it was drizzling all the way home afterwards. It is still drizzling now, so the lawn got a good deep soaking today. I have a lot of trees planted around my lawn, so they suck up the water pretty fast.

to_dave007

Got just a little wet this morning when I went for walk on the beach.  Then it rained slow and steady much of the mid-day..  Just now we had 30 minutes of heavy rain.

Hoping the water tank is full in the morning.  Holds about 4 weeks water for the whole household.

RangerUp

This Filipino storm is 24 hours late, NOW it's raining hard, flooding.

Dafey
24 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Filipino storm...Filipino time

Woolf

Raining pretty good here in Talisay now

thunder & lightning too

Tullioz
6 hours ago, RangerUp said:

Actually the center of the storm was passing due south of Cebu (124E) around 4pm, so only a couple of hours slower than what the models had shown from a couple of days ago.  As of  2am the center of the storm is already west of Negros about where the red circle is, and the heavy rain that is currently falling north and west of Cebu into Samar and Leyte is not directly associated with the tropical storm its self.

That rain is more of a result from the warm moist air circulating counterclockwise around the tropical system interacting with cool dry air circulating clockwise around an area of higher pressure to the north. I would imagine there's going to be some pretty serious flooding taking place in parts of Samar and Leyte as a result of this.

storm13.jpg.b0f0ff06b7c3f04305287cd0b223f3ff.jpg

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bama
5 hours ago, Tullioz said:

That rain is more of a result from the warm moist air circulating counterclockwise around the tropical system interacting with cool dry air circulating clockwise around an area of higher pressure to the north. I would imagine there's going to be some pretty serious flooding taking place in parts of Samar and Leyte as a result of this.

After reading your explanation above why Leyte is getting pounded with rain right now while the storm track below clearly shows that the storm is well to the west makes a little more sense.Thanks.

Basyang-0214_CNNPH.png.ff7fef156cc2a4084ff29485405a4442.png

Jawny
5 hours ago, Tullioz said:

Actually the center of the storm was passing due south of Cebu (124E) around 4pm, so only a couple of hours slower than what the models had shown from a couple of days ago.  As of  2am the center of the storm is already west of Negros about where the red circle is, and the heavy rain that is currently falling north and west of Cebu into Samar and Leyte is not directly associated with the tropical storm its self.

storm13.jpg.b0f0ff06b7c3f04305287cd0b223f3ff.jpg

If you get a chance today, could you move the arrows a bit so the rain will go away.  My fil has a birthday party today and I don’t want to set up a shelter.

• Haha 2

JamesMusslewhite

Well we were still in a brownout until a couple of hours ago. I hope all the members who live in the path of this storm fared well. We caught quite a bit of rain the night of the storm as well as high winds.