• Commercial Banner Advertisers

davedude

Where to find a High Gain Boom TV Antenna in Cebu City?

davedude

Will be in Cebu in a couple months and need some advice please. Gonna stay at the folks dojo in Mandaue and want to upgrade the TV situation at least as far as TV antennas go while I am drinking their San Mig and Tanduay. Last time I was there they were using tin foil and coat hangers for antennas on individual sets. Pretty dismal reception to say the least. Here in Texas I run a high gain Winegard boom HD antenna with rotator on a mast above the roof fed into an eight channel distribution amp and get more OTA TV than I can stand of pretty fabulous signal quality split out to each room and the garage. I am aware of most all antenna options and prefer the traditional directional high gain booms such as those made by Channel Master, RCA, Winegard etc..etc...and am not really interested in weird looking indoor antennas.  Perhaps their is a multidirectional outdoor antenna option but I do not know of any right now.

Where in Cebu City area can I find a shop that carries these antennas, mast options, the bulk RG6 coax, and distribution amps to put together a decent OTA (over the air) system? I understand most TV stations are still analog in Cebu. The transmitters in my area are concentrated in one direction, have not had to use my rotator at all, just pointed the boom southwest and have over 100 channels. I'm thinking it would be different in Cebu with transmitters all over. What is your experience?

Thanks and all the best!

• Like 1

Woolf
davedude

Thanks Woolf. Will check them out.

BossHog

Why not just get a satellite dish? Like Cignal. Sure, there's a monthly bill but it ain't much. 

Or perhaps Gsat. You can buy the box and dish very cheap and the basic monthly plan is only 99 pesos.

Fender rules

Buy online from LAZADA

RangerUp

Try the hardware stores (Ace, True Value, Handyman), or better yet get them cable.

• Thanks 1

Woolf
23 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Try the hardware stores (Ace, True Value, Handyman), or better yet get them cable.

AC/DC has the good antenna cable, and they much lower prices than any of the above mentioned

here is the AC/DC down town

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.2954392,123.8993819,3a,47.4y,286.04h,82.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sG0UwtX7Nh8mKf7OLY9lrQQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by Woolf

lopburi3

You are aware of switch to digital broadcasting is due within the next 2 to 5 years?  Here in Thailand it has already been made.  So if high gain antenna required for current broadcasts suspect digital will not even be an option (they have nowhere near the same range).  DTV only costs 100 pesos a for 30 days for the most basic system and install would only cost about 3,090 peso.  And this is easily upgraded for a few more peso each month.

https://cignal.tv/plan/prepaidpremiumsd/100-sd

colemanlee

I suggest Cable, if its available in your area....here in Leyte its only like 400p per month for the largest package and has a lot more good channels than Cignal did

Woolf

43 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

I suggest Cable, if its available in your area....here in Leyte its only like 400p per month for the largest package and has a lot more good channels than Cignal did

Sky cable tv plans

http://www.mysky.com.ph/Cebu/plans-and-bundles/cable

Edited by Woolf
  • Thanks 1

colemanlee
18 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Sky cable tv plans

The one they are charging you guys 1999 p for I get for about 450....guess it is a good thing to live in the province sometimes...:D  Sorry forgot the company, Philproducts

Edited by colemanlee
  • Like 1

Woolf

I had the sky plan 999 for about a year (see below)

I have change to this one as I use much more data now (see below)

forgot link here it is

http://www.mysky.com.ph/onesky

sky plan 999.png

sky plan 1999.png

Edited by Woolf

jtmwatchbiz
5 hours ago, Woolf said:

I had the sky plan 999 for about a year (see below)

I have change to this one as I use much more data now (see below)

forgot link here it is

http://www.mysky.com.ph/onesky

sky plan 999.png

sky plan 1999.png

believe it or not but on our street here in the capitol area skycable with any sort of internet combo deal is not available...just TV channels but no internet.  granted we are on a private road but jeez there are a lot of big homes and compounds here. 

lopburi3

But poster just wants to leave some local TV service for the in laws as he and wife seem to live in Texas.  So do not believe internet is a factor.  

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz
1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

But poster just wants to leave some local TV service for the in laws as he and wife seem to live in Texas.  So do not believe internet is a factor.  

yes i know and i think i was a bit off topic as i was replying to woolf about how i can't get fancy sky packages.   i think the OP is on the right track finding an antenna as who wants to pay for cable if spending most of his time stateside and seems his inlaws don't need it as well.