Jump to content
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

rep1

Biotech / AI / robotics?

Recommended Posts

Davaoeno
11 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

past performance is no guarantee of future results

Nothing is ever a guarantee of future results !  Lol

Edited by Davaoeno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rfm010
33 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Nothing is ever a guarantee of future results !  Lol

ever fall off a steep cliff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oz Jon

Markets worldwide have recovered quite a bit today.

Another "storm-in-a teacup" aided by a sensation-seeking press.

All that nonsense about "a record a dip in the Dow" etc .... of course a modest dip was a record dip! ..the Dow  etc have been up near record highs! ... apparently they hadn't figured out that x% of a big number is more than x% of a smaller number

My cannabis "play-money" stocks have shot up! - I guess that higher risk/growth AI and biotech stocks will have too?

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rep1
On 2/7/2018 at 10:09 AM, Oz Jon said:

Markets worldwide have recovered quite a bit today.

Another "storm-in-a teacup" aided by a sensation-seeking press.

All that nonsense about "a record a dip in the Dow" etc .... of course a modest dip was a record dip! ..the Dow  etc have been up near record highs! ... apparently they hadn't figured out that x% of a big number is more than x% of a smaller number

My cannabis "play-money" stocks have shot up! - I guess that higher risk/growth AI and biotech stocks will have too?

drop again...

Anyone know about neurotech indexes or funds? Was reading about brain-computer interface - that's a new field that will definitely change a lot of things, in addition to automation and AI. Individual company stocks would be too risky...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
13 hours ago, rep1 said:

drop again...

Anyone know about neurotech indexes or funds? Was reading about brain-computer interface - that's a new field that will definitely change a lot of things, in addition to automation and AI. Individual company stocks would be too risky...

At the moment everything is risky.  Neurotech seems a bit too long term, dont know of any stocks in it.  For what its worth my friends/relatives in the medical field get all excited about instrumentation.  Check out TTOO, they have a blood testing panel up for fda approval.  With the ongoing slaughter of biotech you will get a good price.  The way things are dropping you could throw darts and get a good price.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rep1
On 2/4/2018 at 1:57 PM, Oz Jon said:

I had no problem setting up a US$ IB brokerage account -(it works fine, but I don't like their website and will probably close it)

I had no problems setting-up a US$ US brokerage account with Schwab. They bought-out an Aus broker and set-up an Aus office. They handle all the paperwork in Aus, but you can trade on-line directly with the US site. Works well and the Aus customer service is excellent.

I've had an ETrade (trust) brokerage account for about 20 years (for my superannuation fund). It's still active. Pre Xmas, when I tried to open a new individual/joint account they declined (said it was a business policy decision). But post-Xmas, they invited me to open another account!

It's done! No problem with foreigner and foreign address at all; wiring only took a few hours (took days to reach Philippines!), and trade is instant! Thank you all! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
On 2/12/2018 at 11:55 AM, rep1 said:

It's done! No problem with foreigner and foreign address at all; wiring only took a few hours (took days to reach Philippines!), and trade is instant! Thank you all! :)

What does the parentheticl mean?  Are you not in the philippines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rep1
1 hour ago, rfm010 said:

What does the parentheticl mean?  Are you not in the philippines?

Nope back in the cold and rainy home country. I wouldn't be able to wire if I'm in Ph, no money there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert



  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

×