• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Jawny

No parking at Ormoc Ferry terminal

Jawny

Surprise (not). The ferry terminal in Ormoc is undergoing some renovation and does not allow parking of unattended cars.  Regretably, I learned this after making plans for a day trip to Cebu to do my annual report.  Looks like Tacloban is my location for that.

Cars are allowed to enter for drop off and such, but no parking.

I know I could have used some sort of parking in the city, but I don’t feel confident about that.  

Just offering this as a heads up.

• Thanks 1

Cyclone

The Port of Dumaguete does not offer parking either. It seems that they want people to arrive by public transport.

Jim Sibbick

What about the Riverside Mall? I would be happy leaving a car there all day. It is a reasonably short tricycle ride back to the pier.

Jawny

Riverside is a good suggestion.  However, the ferry we use typically leaves early in the morning and that means we’d be pretty obvious we were parking for an extended period.  I know that may seem paranoid, but I just don’t want to invite problems.

I rarely make day trips to Cebu, so this was only a problem when we were caught by surprise.....hence the post in LinC. 

tonny

If you drive to the front area of the DON Felipe hotel  and park right at the front next to the curb and go up and talk to the guard and just give him a 50 peso bill abd ask him if you can park there ,he will usually say yes i have done it many times and went to CEbu for a day or two with no problem.Just lock thecar up and got the boat. Check it out but this ws a few years back as i have been in Cebu now since Yolanda. Good Luck. Ps i usually brought him back a nice treat from Cebu also, they have guards there all night long so it ok ,I did set my Alarm 

• Thanks 1