• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Member #1

Only in the Philippines Photos

Aerosick

Pinoy Power!!!

5a728f2e006ff_StartingTheFamilyJeepney(2).jpg.895048e445e30277c6170f2c3804d91a.jpg

• Like 2

Woolf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Kabisay-an gid

Meanwhile-in-Philippines.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Kabisay-an gid

191.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Semper paratus
12 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

plec.JPG

I saw this in Hypermart once. After having that picture in mind I bought much less than planned. I don't think I bought anything at the meat counter that day. 

to_dave007
4 hours ago, Aerosick said:

Pinoy Power!!!

5a728f2e006ff_StartingTheFamilyJeepney(2).jpg.895048e445e30277c6170f2c3804d91a.jpg

Was taking a trike, with just my wife and I, from the remote and isolated beachfront property of my good Canadian friend one very wet day, when the trike got stuck in the mud.  Just by chance there was a group of about 8 boys..  age about 10 to 14, walking by in the other direction at exactly the right moment.  Without a word of encouragement or request all of the boys gathered quickly at the back of the trike..  and "presto" we were on our way with a few "Bye Joe" calls and lots of laughing.  The whole experience was less than 30 seconds.  But the laughing faces of the boys made it memorable.  The image remains in my head some years later.  One of the joys of the Philippines I know.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Salty Dog

oitp.jpg

• Like 5

Semper paratus
34 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

You never know when you may need this. :rolleyes:

dancingchicken.gif

Oops, I meant to put this in the meaningless pictures. Can someone move it ? Or maybe it works in either place ????

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Alfred E. Neuman
9 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Oops, I meant to put this in the meaningless pictures. Can someone move it ? Or maybe it works in either place ????

It‘s still on topic, that chook is doing the "tinikling" dance.

• Thanks 1

mfuriani

• Like 1

Aerosick
3 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

One of the joys of the Philippines I know.

My photo is of the family jeepney trying to get it started. Dead battery, as usual.

• Like 1

Don.
3 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Without a word of encouragement or request all of the boys gathered quickly at the back of the trike..  and "presto" we were on our way

Reminds me of the time I was driving my car in Cebu about 10 years ago.

There was a pothole in the street that was so deep that it swallowed the left front tire, and I couldn't go forward or reverse.  The frame of the car near the tire was actually sitting on the road.

I was standing by my car trying to decide what to do when a group of 6 young Filipinos walked by and offered their help.    They picked up the front of my car and pulled my car forward out of the pothole.

That is one of many of my good memories of the Philippines.

• Like 11

jtmwatchbiz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz-Going-to-philippines-to-top-.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Tullioz
6 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

I saw this in Hypermart once. After having that picture in mind I bought much less than planned. I don't think I bought anything at the meat counter that day. 

That's a herbal soap made from the placenta of plants. That one got me when I first visited the Philippines and I had to ask the saleslady when I came across it. I felt a lot better after I found out the ingredients.

• Like 3

SkyMan
14 hours ago, mfuriani said:

So they do actually have safety equipment here but just use it for dancing.  Ok.