Woolf

City to impound vehicles, motorbikes that counterflow

lamoe
2 hours ago, tonny said:

OK how they going to impound your car? Drive it too the impound lot ? Tow it? issue a ticket and have you drive it there.And while the 8 cars overflowing  they will just sit there and wait to be given there ticket or wait for the tow truck will that cause a bigger traffic problem than the overflowing? Did any one think of these things? Also what about the truck with ice cream and the company has only one truck,boy some one need to think first before they jump

First step would be a massive PR program stating on this date - this will happen - and of course  many will say  - yeah right - that is until they hear / read about  and see it happening.

How to manage the impounding? Is the home address listed on license?

Take phone #, inform them that on this date at this time a truck will be sent to pick up their vehicle (car, motorcycle, jeepny) and if it's not there or they say they've sold it  (who bought it? also extra fine for selling an impounded vehicle)- they go to jail until it is impounded

Yes, it would a pain in the a$$ initially but to do nothing is like my cousin and her kids when they were little -" why punish them it's already done" -  until they  trashed an empty house to the tune of over 100K in damages - for which she had to pay and were sent away

As far as the ice cream truck - they should have instructed their driver  to not break the law.

If it is a real hardship - major extra fine (x 5 or 10?)  to retain it.

Edit: forgot this. To minimize disruptions and maximize word of mouth - select 1 or two streets that do have alt routes - if possible - and concentrate on them 1 day  then move to next and so on - soon every one in town will hear / know about it

Edited by lamoe

Flakes

Will they start with this before or after the jeepnies changed into hybrid technology? 

• Haha 2

GBT62

targeting Counterflow is a good start- it's annoying to say the least (same as blocking EVERY intersection regardless of the marked intersection box ) - but the one that does my head in is so MANY cars, jeepneys and bikes driving at night with NO headlights on. That is just plain dangerous - not just annoying...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dafey
57 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

cars, jeepneys and bikes driving at night with NO headlights on

I asked my BIL about this and he said it is to conserve energy...:wacko:

He also told me the rain would keep the volcano from erupting!

• Haha 3

musicman666

It’s a grey area ....when does overtaking become couterflow?.....

• Like 1

Headshot
1 minute ago, musicman666 said:

If you are driving in the lane(s) reserved for oncoming traffic, you are counter-flowing. Obviously, if you pass another vehicle on a two-lane road, you have to enter the lane reserved for oncoming traffic, but it should only be for a moment. That is never acceptable on a road with more than two lanes.

musicman666
9 minutes ago, Headshot said:

If you are driving in the lane(s) reserved for oncoming traffic, you are counter-flowing. Obviously, if you pass another vehicle on a two-lane road, you have to enter the lane reserved for oncoming traffic, but it should only be for a moment. That is never acceptable on a road with more than two lanes.

I agree but I can see situations occurring where things may become subjective ...these locals love to fly down the empty oncoming lane alongside a  long line of traffic and cheekily duck in to an emerging space ahead ....technically they will say they are overtaking and of course the citom will say no but the law has to be specific and  say for example how many cars are you allowed to pass and how fast the line is progressing to do this. It makes me wonder how this stuff is argued out in a court of law....I suspect this is a question nobody knows the answer to and ultimately everyone just accepts citoms opinion although it essentially based on his gut feeling at the time. 

• Like 1

SkyMan
10 hours ago, tonny said:

OK how they going to impound your car? Drive it too the impound lot ? Tow it? issue a ticket and have you drive it there.And while the 8 cars overflowing  they will just sit there and wait to be given there ticket or wait for the tow truck will that cause a bigger traffic problem than the overflowing? Did any one think of these things?

I agree with this part of what you said.  I'm really not concerned with the ice cream in the truck.  I guess the cops will get fatter.  And where are they going to park all these vehicles?

I really think if this is enforced on motorcycles it will make traffic much worse.  I really don't see bikes causing any or at least much problem with traffic.  They tend to just use the space that would otherwise be left unused anyway.  It never bothers me to be parked on the highway while the bikes go by in the oncoming lanes that aren't being used at the time.  Now, when a jeep or whatever goes by then that pisses me off because it means they are sooner or later going to have to jam themselves into the lane in front of me and that causes problems.

Imagine you're in a line of 50 cars but between each car is 3 motorcycles taking most of a car length.  Now you're back almost 100 cars.  But then all those bikes could slip around and go on ahead so you're only half as far back.  Better, right?

• Like 3

Woolf
32 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Imagine you're in a line of 50 cars but between each car is 3 motorcycles taking most of a car length.  Now you're back almost 100 cars.  But then all those bikes could slip around and go on ahead so you're only half as far back.  Better, right?

I agree with the above, I have no problem with motorbikes going to the front at red light

they start a lot faster than the cars anyway

what I hate is that cars start so slow when the light turns green

the faster you start and go the more cars will get over for the green light 

I specially think about the talisay part of CSCR (SRP)

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 3

musicman666

Agreed...there is an anti motorcycle feeling here but the fact is if everyone took a bike China style there wouldn’t be a transport issue here....they should be praising not cursing them..

• Like 3

SkyMan
10 minutes ago, Woolf said:

what I hate is that car start so slow when the light turns green

the faster you start and go the more cars will get over for the green light 

That's completely cultural. "I'm getting through the light so I can give a rat feg if the guy behind me does.  I wish the guy in front of me had gone a little faster so I could have made it through the light but since he didn't I'll be damned if I'll help those behind me."

How often does someone race to pull out in front of you but then can't seem to find the throttle to get on down the road.  "Hey, I'm in front of you so I win and now I'm going to drag my arse along so you have to watch.  And don't try to change lanes cause I'm going to go down the middle of both lanes so you can't get by."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

lamoe
2 hours ago, musicman666 said:

100 M? even 10M if in other lanes

Edited by lamoe

musicman666
3 minutes ago, lamoe said:

100 M? even 10M if in other lanes

Where did you get this information?

lamoe
1 hour ago, musicman666 said:

Agreed...there is an anti motorcycle feeling here but the fact is if everyone took a bike China style there wouldn’t be a transport issue here....they should be praising not cursing them..

Bike  yes of course - motorcycle on freckling sidewalk ? NFW

I've forced several to swerve into traffic because I refused to jump out of their way.

lamoe
11 minutes ago, musicman666 said:

Where did you get this information?

Living here and seeing it very day