• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Ross56

Looking to rent - any advice appreciated

delancey

^

Apas 

Kasambagan

Banilad

Walk, ask around, save an easy 10K. I know it is intimidating if not used to the Philippines but online is a rip off and daylight interactions were much more friendly then in the West, imo.

“Foreigner friendly” “luxury” or “executive” , online..... rip off.

“Ask for Dong”, For rent sign half torn to pieces, word of mouth, etc....cheap.

• Like 5

jtmwatchbiz
On 1/30/2018 at 3:30 PM, badian said:

that surely must be in barangay Apas, not Banilad

yes also seems like apas to me price-wise.  still a nice enough place as you pointed out and easy access to IT park and banilad itself. 

jtmwatchbiz
On 1/31/2018 at 3:46 PM, delancey said:

Walk, ask around, save an easy 10K.

absolutely.   there are also some nice looking houses for rent in our area in capitol if one strolls down the side streets and especially behind the capitol parish church and redemptorist church neighborhoods, as well as side streets heading towards guadalupe and banawa.  

Oz Jon

I'm not looking for accommodation right now, but this is just the kind of valuable stuff I joined LinC to find out (for future reference).

I've been around a bit, so some of it I knew already, but lots of new up-to-date info too.

Particularly valuable for anyone new at the "living in the Philippines" game.

Thanks to all the guys who provided good useful information.

Cheers

• Like 3

Ross56

Totally agree that this is a really helpful thread. I've actually arranged a room in a condo for a month through air BnB - hopefully it will go smoothly.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply - I really appreciate it

• Like 3

lamoe
1 hour ago, Ross56 said:

Totally agree that this is a really helpful thread. I've actually arranged a room in a condo for a month through air BnB - hopefully it will go smoothly.

Pics of place and cost when you're there always helpful

jtmwatchbiz
8 hours ago, lamoe said:

Pics of place and cost when you're there always helpful

outside of house.  too expensive.

cars. expensive again.

wife. yet even more expensive.

dog.  not so bad. 

Image0408.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cgu
10 hours ago, Ross56 said:

That is good / AirBnB is flexible. Maybe a 1-2 week deal would have been more flexible, as with AirBnB you can get in and out very quickly without hassle and their is plenty of supply.

Good luck!!!

Ross56
1 hour ago, Cgu said:

That is good / AirBnB is flexible. Maybe a 1-2 week deal would have been more flexible, as with AirBnB you can get in and out very quickly without hassle and their is plenty of supply.

Good luck!!!

Part of the reason I decided to rent for a month was there didn't actually appear to be plenty of supply. I booked that over a month before I arrive and there was a fairly limited amount of rooms available.

Perhaps my budget is too tight but we shall see. I'm hoping to be able to live on around p70k a month including accommodation. I do have the option to buy somewhere outright but I obviously want to spend a long time looking at different areas first.

• Like 1

colemanlee
1 hour ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

outside of house.  too expensive.

cars. expensive again.

wife. yet even more expensive.

dog.  not so bad. 

Aint that the truth

• Like 1

Dafey
1 hour ago, Ross56 said:

Part of the reason I decided to rent for a month was there didn't actually appear to be plenty of supply. I booked that over a month before I arrive and there was a fairly limited amount of rooms available.

Perhaps my budget is too tight but we shall see. I'm hoping to be able to live on around p70k a month including accommodation. I do have the option to buy somewhere outright but I obviously want to spend a long time looking at different areas first.

Don't worry about it...you're in, now you can look around. It's a good plan

jtmwatchbiz
16 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Don't worry about it...you're in, now you can look around. It's a good plan

no doubt.  70k is a decent budget to work with and something will come along that fits. 

Ross56
21 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

no doubt.  70k is a decent budget to work with and something will come along that fits. 

Good to hear you say that - I neither drink nor smoke which should help with living frugally - I'm 56 and in 8 years or so my available funds should increase significantly but it would be good if I can make what I have work now.

Whilst I'm still young enough to enjoy it 😁

• Like 1