Travis

Suggest a good subdivision to rent a house in Cebu

Travis

I want to be somewhat centrally located in Cebu when I get there.

I hear parts of Talisay are good but it seems like it would tak a while to get anywhere from there like Ayala mall.

I want to be close to a decent gym. I am looking at the gym at the Waterfront Hotel. It says it has everything from weights and cardio to MMA and boxing.  It even has belly dancing  for you freaky guys.

Any way I would like to find a subdivision that is close and has decent homes for rent.  

I currently own a large house but I will be downsizing when i get there.  I am looking for a two or three bedroom.

So suggestions on subdivisions? 

Headshot

If you want easy access to the Ayala / IT Park area, then I would suggest that you focus your search on the Capitol, Lahug, Banilad and Talamban areas. Hopefully, you realize that Ayala might be closed for a while. Not all rental houses will be located inside of organized subdivisions (with guards and everything).

Travis
2 minutes ago, Headshot said:

If you want easy access to the Ayala / IT Park area, then I would suggest that you focus your search on the Capitol, Lahug, Banilad and Talamban areas. Hopefully, you realize that Ayala might be closed for a while. Not all rental houses will be located inside of organized subdivisions (with guards and everything).

Thanks for the reply Head shot. 

My gal thought Ayala was reopened already.

I will be back on vacation next month but I wont be moving for a few more months(I own for too much shit) so I have time.   I would prefer a subdivision verses a decent house surrounded by sari sari stores, shacks  and traffic. 

sugbu777
7 minutes ago, Travis said:

I just returned to Guam from Cebu yesterday. Ayala is still closed. It is expected to remain closed for some time.

Headshot
23 minutes ago, Travis said:

I will be back on vacation next month but I wont be moving for a few more months(I own for too much shit) so I have time.   I would prefer a subdivision verses a decent house surrounded by sari sari stores, shacks  and traffic. 

Ayala will be closed until the whole Metro part of the mall has been torn down and sealed. You should also remember that not all rental houses will be located inside of organized subdivisions (with guards and everything). There is a real estate agency that specializes in that area of Cebu City that is owned by Geoff and Anilou Thomas. They used to advertise on LinC Forums until Paul didn't like something they did (I don't remember what is was). You can find them at...

http://cebucityproperty.com/

Edited by Headshot

rizla

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 04.52.45.png

Travis
12 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Ayala will be closed until the whole Metro part of the mall has been torn down and sealed. You should also remember that not all rental houses will be located inside of organized subdivisions (with guards and everything). There is a real estate agency that specializes in that area of Cebu City that is owned by Geoff and Anilou Thomas. They used to advertise on LinC Forums until Paul didn't like something they did (I don't remember what is was). You can find them at...

http://cebucityproperty.com/

Apparently he has expensive properties or I am off on what I thought I could rent one for. The cheap homes or town homes seem to be at 65,000 and up. More like american prices. 

Headshot
1 minute ago, Travis said:

Apparently he has expensive properties or I am off on what I thought I could rent one for. The cheap homes or town homes seem to be at 65,000 and up. More like american prices. 

Prices here are according to location. Lahug, Banilad and Talamban tend to be the more expensive parts of town. You said you wanted easy access to the Ayala / IT Park area, which was why I suggested those areas. However, if you are willing to compromise on location (like most of us have to), then you can find cheaper rentals.

• Like 1

Headshot
9 minutes ago, rizla said:

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 04.52.45.png

Good news.

Travis

What kind of place is Consolacion?

Alfred E. Neuman

If you start at 100thousand, I will find one for your specifications.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Travis
Just now, Alfred E. Neuman said:

If you start at 100thousand, I will find one for your specifications.

That is what my current house payment is ($2200.00) I am not wanting to pay that kind of money after I sell this place. Plus I am on 10 acres

Headshot
3 minutes ago, Travis said:

What kind of place is Consolacion?

Consolacion is a nice quiet town with an SM mall and some of the worst traffic congestion in the Cebu metro area. Together with Mandaue, Consolacion has some of the absolute worst traffic directors on the island.

Edited by Headshot

Travis

Well maybe renting a condo would be cheaper

Headshot
5 minutes ago, Travis said:

Well maybe renting a condo would be cheaper

But likely no dogs. After I went through all of this, I decided to leave my Cairn Terrier in the US with somebody who loves her (for her own good). If you leave the dogs out of the equation, there are lots of cheap rentals available (condos, town houses and houses). However, most will still not be in the high rent districts with really easy access to Ayala / IT Park.