• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Wanderer

Argon tank

Wanderer

Anyone happen to know where to find second hand tank for argon? Or new for moderate price? Need argon for TIG welding.

cogon88

Well i don't know what region your in but in our area the supplier of oxygen and acetylene also has argon you just put a deposit on the tank same as you do for the other 2 gases really have no idea what the deposit is as its been 15 years now that I have been buying from the same supplier

• Like 1

Wanderer

Cebu City is where I am. May be better to buy and keep the life simple. The problem is anyway that from where in Cebu City or Mandaue or close I can find the good price one or find out how the deposit system works.

If the deposit is quite low, why not. But I still think that a second hand tank should be cheapest alternative. But I know that I don't know, yet :)

I will search for the oxygen and acetylene suppliers also from now on. That may make it easier.

Edited by Wanderer

Dafey

Let me check with my BIL. He was trained there in welding

• Like 1

Dafey

Sorry it took so long...had to find him :huh:

Zoie Welding Supply

MC Briones St

Hiway Mandaue

You can search it on Google. If they don't have it they can tell you where to find it

• Like 1

Wanderer

Thanks. I will go there soon. Some times it is hard to find here some stuff and even harder to find moderate price places. I guess that is a good one, because welders use it.

Dafey

Yes, I've been there and they should have all your needs. I was lucky as my BIL was with me so I could be assured of best price. However, I actually bought my ARC welder from Belmont Hardware in Mandaue. On sale with extras. Good place to spend an afternoon looking at tools and toys. There's one in Colon too.

Woolf
Wanderer

The downtown Belmont I tried once to get to but couldn't realize where it was before i had passed it already. The downtown is hard to drive anywhere. So much one way and what ever. Easy to get lost.

Have been in the Belmont in Mandaue though. They have stuff you cannot find elsewhere but they can also miss stuff that others have :) . It is worth of visit any time you need to find something more special than a hammer.

Atlantic Hardware in downtown has best prices in at least most common stuff and in some cases very much better prices. Ace Hardware was selling welding rods 10 pcs for 500 and Atlantic sells those for less than 200 per kg. Just an example on how prices can be very different.

Atlantic Hardware had the antique style having everything behind the desks, but now they are making change and soon (don't know how soon) people can really see and touch stuff as in Ace or Belmont or Homebuilders etc.

Woolf
10 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Atlantic Hardware in downtown has best prices in at least most common stuff and in some cases very much better prices. Ace Hardware was selling welding rods 10 pcs for 500 and Atlantic sells those for less than 200 per kg. Just an example on how prices can be very different.

Atlantic Hardware had the antique style having everything behind the desks, but now they are making change and soon (don't know how soon) people can really see and touch stuff as in Ace or Belmont or Homebuilders etc.

Totally agree Atlantic has the best prices

There is an Atlantic Hardware in Tabunok, they moved from south side the street to north side

At the new place they have huge display area

map:

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.2685044,123.8435962,20.5z

street view:

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.2684024,123.8439146,3a,75y,271.77h,80.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stwR2YwpthauYRgZDHfOJTw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Dafey
1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

If you take a cab to Colon about 2 blocks east of Metro Guisainos, and start walking, zig zagging every 3 blocks there are a ton of Mom & Pop Hardware stores that carry everything under the sun and at good prices. Mikala and I used to walk around down there and really found some neat shops. If I was around I'd go there with you but I'm in the province now. @Mikala may still be in Cebu for a while if you want to ask him. He's a good guy and loves to Hardware shop.

• Like 1

Wanderer

That Atlantic Tabunok can be interesting. In downtown it has bee very hard to know what they have. Been going around lots of hardware stores lately, because i wanted to know what I can get and where and for what price. Now I'm done with that. I know approximately, or at least I imagine I know approximately where to go when need this or that.

At this moment I focus on getting my TIG welding to work. After that I just need some stainless steel stuff to do what I'm trying too do. I have seen on videos and heard otherwise that TIG is good with thin sheet metal. If it works as I wish, I will become very happy and maybe even smile a moment.

I've been walking there in downtown and seen that there is lots of hardware stores. Even found something that was hard to get otherwise, but generally they do not have so much more that the regular stuff.

When I was looking for rivet nuts, no one didn't know what it is. In the end I found at Belmont someone who knew what it was and he told that they had a rivet nut gun, but it was just sold. So I asked if they had the nuts. He said they never had the nuts, only the gun. I didn't see some logic in that but it wasn't the sellers fault :)

He told me that the guy who bought the gun, bought the nuts at Lazada. There the nuts are very expensive. Via OLX I found quite moderate price nuts, but when I found then I had already changed my mind and wasn't going to use them now. I did work a lot to find something that I in the end didn't need - he he.

Here the finding something can be very hard, if it isn't just something common.

Woolf
14 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

He told me that the guy who bought the gun, bought the nuts at Lazada. There the nuts are very expensive. Via OLX I found quite moderate price nuts, but when I found then I had already changed my mind and wasn't going to use them now. I did work a lot to find something that I in the end didn't need - he he.

Is this expensive ?

https://www.lazada.com.ph/carbon-steel-flat-metric-threaded-rivet-nut-flange-rivnut-nutsert-m4x100pcs-intl-79176691.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.73.779b760bJ3Vszg

Woolf
Wanderer

I didn't find that good price at Lazada when I was looking for nuts. I found mostly just sets including different sizes, which was just frustrating. You found that, which is just what I wanted to find that time :) 

I got from this website: www.screwtech.com.ph a price 5 pesos per piece. They are in Laguna.

Some times Lazada is very impossible place to find all the stuff you wish even if they are somewhere there. There is also many sellers, which makes that same product can have many prices, even big differences.