Flakes

What site improvements do you want

Headshot
3 hours ago, Member #1 said:

Actually, I hope the staff will start splitting some of those posts  into a new topic. 

Even better.

broden

keep in mind splitting off topics and deleting posts in threads thought to be off topic is very often  more art than science .. a conversational tone in a thread can lead to more information being introduced that wouldn't have otherwise... and many many times people including staff disagree as to just what is off topic..

Edited by broden
  • Like 4

Mandingo

Another improvement.....playing nice with members. This forum was once a great place to get info about pretty much anything you needed, both Philippine related or not. There are some very knowledgeable members here but IMHO it stopped being the wealth of info it once was. 

I stopped asking questions because it would go off topic quickly and move away form the original topic or I would get a smartass remark back, by both members and mods. To be honest I am guilty of this too because, even though not encouraged, it was permitted depending on who the person was you were being a smartass to and the mood of whoever was in charge. I belong to several forums and they never spin out of control faster than this forum use to. 

• Like 2

Mr. Mike

Here is a simple suggestion...and I have mentioned it in the past.

I have noticed through the years that when a new member introduces him/herself to the forum for the first time, his intro post will often get many views, but very few actual "welcomes".

We can do much better than that...it just takes a few seconds...first impressions are important...ya know?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

baby43

To be honest this site has been getting very boring  most of the posts now have nothing to do with Cebu, , the reason I came here was to get help about different things, also lots go off topic sure the admin at times try and get back on topic, I find i lose interest and skip over most things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mr. Mike

Baby43...this forum is fluid with regards to being "interesting"...if there are topics being discussed that peak your interest, then you will be interested. If none of the topics interest you...pass them by and go on to something else. Topics change day by day.

It is my opinion that the purpose of Linc ...first and foremost, is to provide accurate and timely information about life in the RP to its members, especially when valid questions are asked and specific RP information/coaching is needed. Link excels at this!

Have you ever started a new topic requesting information or help? Were you satisfied with the response? If you cannot remember, I'm sure it is in the LinC archives.

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 2

Enuff
To be honest this site has been getting very boring  most of the posts now have nothing to do with Cebu, , the reason I came here was to get help about different things, also lots go off topic sure the admin at times try and get back on topic, I find i lose interest and skip over most things.
do you live in cebu?

If so, why not post?

If not why not post a question you have?

Prior to visiting I asked a few question. Now whenever I'm in cebu I post reviews as much as possible.

it's a give and take type forum, imho.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

oztony
3 hours ago, baby43 said:

Forums operate on contribution from the members ...some members contribute a hell of a lot more than others ...and you have to be aware that for the long time members the same subject raises it's head quite frequently as new people join , if more people add content it becomes less boring , but a lot of people just prefer to read about the experiences of others as opposed to sharing their own...

I take my hat of to those that take the time and effort to provide material here for others to read , gain knowledge and be entertained with...it can take a bit of an effort to scribe a decent post and organise a few picture into it , but that is what makes it interesting for others , think of it like going to a bbq and taking a few beers along to share and drink ...and then there are those that always show up empty handed ...

Mr Mike nailed it with this post also...

2 hours ago, Mr. Mike said:

Baby43...this forum is fluid with regards to being "interesting"...if there are topics being discussed that peak your interest, then you will be interested. If none of the topics interest you...pass them by and go on to something else. Topics change day by day.

It is my opinion that the purpose of Linc ...first and foremost, is to provide accurate and timely information about life in the RP to its members, especially when valid questions are asked and specific RP information/coaching is needed. Link excels at this!

Have you ever started a new topic requesting information or help? Were you satisfied with the response? If you cannot remember, I'm sure it is in the LinC archives.

• Like 5

contraman
1 hour ago, oztony said:

then there are those that always show up empty handed ...

Sorry, I will remember not to arrive empty handed next time :sad_01:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

jtmwatchbiz
2 minutes ago, contraman said:

Sorry, I will remember not to arrive empty handed next time :sad_01:

oh most of us know you better than that!  every LINC charity BBQ bash we had to successfully save the life of that little kid stricken with cancer went very well due to your strong financial support.  heck you were buying practically everything greg held up during the auction then giving the stuff away to make sure this kid was going to be ok! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

USMC-Retired
11 hours ago, baby43 said:

If you feel a topic has driven off course please let us know.  Upper right corner hit the report jot down off course or what you see as an issue.  It helps us also, there are 100s of posts and few moderators.  

• Like 2

Salty Dog

I think everyone has had a chance to have their say.

If anyone has a specific user issue or problem, please start a new thread in the How To Use This Forum so we can address them individually within their own thread.