• Commercial Banner Advertisers

RogerDat

Is paypal still the only way to donate?

RogerDat

I have been locked out of my account since 2000? when I was hacked, and they will not let me in. I still get phishing messages from them. They go no where, so is there any other way?

trthebees
38 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

I have been locked out of my account since 2000? when I was hacked, and they will not let me in. I still get phishing messages from them. They go no where, so is there any other way?

I know this doesn't answer your question about donating.

But I had a period locked out some years ago...then somehow it worked again, I can't remember the details of how, possibly a move back to the UK.What I would say is that I find Paypal very useful in the UK, but tempted though I am to use it here in the Philippines for the odd thing, I would never use it for fear of them not accepting a non-UK ISPN and locking it again. And I'm not risking the proxy route either.

Member #1
1 hour ago, RogerDat said:

Thank you so much for wanting to donate to the forum. Today, I was just about full up with all of the various  headaches that have been tossed into my lap with taking over the forum. Then I saw your message here.  I can't begin to describe how much of a boost your message gave me! 

Unfortunately Paypal is the only way right now. 

Stay here and keep sharing your insights on living in the Philippines - that is the best donation of all. 

Thank you again, sincerely. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Ozbrum

problems galore with Paypal... to the point where i would not entertain them at all !

My last payment was direct to Paul via a WU cash transfer.... quite easy but probably cost a few pesos more ?

• Like 1

bounder
On 1/13/2018 at 3:35 AM, RogerDat said:

I agree, when moving to the PH in 2010, I was also locked out of my Paypal account the first time I tried to use it here and was unable to access it until my return to the states eighteen months ago.  Since my return, I am again a bit hesitant to attempt access.  What's worse is there's money in the account, but if you cannot get at it, what good is it?

• Like 1

RogerDuMond
On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, RogerDat said:

Start another PayPal account with a different email address and your Philippine address. I have two PayPal accounts. I use the Philippine PayPal account for items I wish to have delivered to my Philippine address and the original U.S. PayPal account for items I want delivered to my UPS address in the U.S.

As an addendum, both are linked to U.S. charge cards and bank accounts.