• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
State Trooper

CRBA – DNA testing --Recent Experiences

State Trooper

I went through DNA testing for my daughter several years ago and am aware of the criteria that generally requires this to register your child if you are not married to the mother and cannot prove that you were living together at the time of conception.

This situation has come up again and Im aware that the procedure has changed in the past few years. Does anyone have recent experience with this?

Specifically, I understand that the DNA swabbing is now done at the Embassy by St Luke personnel instead of going to St Luke’s and that with the actual test we have a choice of providers in the US and Canada.

I will have to go to Manila from Mindanao for the interview and would like to know if the swabbing is generally scheduled within a day or so or if I will have to return to Manila at a later date for the swabbing constituting additional costs for more than one trip.

shadow
4 minutes ago, State Trooper said:

I went through DNA testing for my daughter several years ago and am aware of the criteria that generally requires this to register your child if you are not married to the mother and cannot prove that you were living together at the time of conception.

This situation has come up again and Im aware that the procedure has changed in the past few years. Does anyone have recent experience with this?

Specifically, I understand that the DNA swabbing is now done at the Embassy by St Luke personnel instead of going to St Luke’s and that with the actual test we have a choice of providers in the US and Canada.

I will have to go to Manila from Mindanao for the interview and would like to know if the swabbing is generally scheduled within a day or so or if I will have to return to Manila at a later date for the swabbing constituting additional costs for more than one trip.

This is the first I have heard of the swabbing now being done at the Embassy. We had a client go through this last year, I will ask him if it was done at St Luke's or the Embassy.  

Here is the list of accredited testing facilities;

http://www.aabb.org/sa/facilities/Documents/AABB-Accredited-DNA-Testing-Facilities.pdf

They will set you an appointment for swabbing at  a later date. Be advised, they do not take into account you may not be able to drop everything and be there on a moments notice.  One client in Samar was set an appointment, and he received the notification just a few days before the appointment, no way he could make it.