• Commercial Banner Advertisers

David_LivinginTalisay

My Annual Report 2018

Jawny
On 1/17/2018 at 5:14 PM, SkyMan said:

The questions I asked the guy are: 

1.  Can I get the ECC-B there or only at the airport.                                                      He said I can get it there.

2.  If I get a new passport, is there anything I have to do there?                                He said I can just carry both passports.  

I was happy with both answers.

Today I was using the DFA website at their FAQ site and there was a reply to the same query (as regards a Filipino passport). Namely, do I need t9 transfer the existing visas to the new passport.  DFA response is the same as BI.  Nope, just carry both passports.  Makes sense   Of course, the DFA is referring to other country visas, so .........

Jack_be_nimble

I do the 13A  annual report at the J Centre.  This year, was not asked the question; "Where's your wife"  but was last year - at that time, she was not  standing next to me, was out in the hallway sitting on a bench.  I just answered by pointing to her.  I like that location; in and out in no time, single trip.

Jawny

Easy Peasy at the Tacloban BI.  Not sure which was faster.  Picking up the renewed gun permit or doing the AR.  At the BI, was greeted even before the door closed.  Had to step over a sleeping dog to get in.  The greeting was a cheerful "Have your passport, your ACR and fee of 310 pesos". Handed everything to a person at a window, less than three minutes later out came a clerk with the receipt, my passport and ACR and the record sheet which needed signing.  Never asked about my wife, but she was with me so I ass7me they added one plus one and got two.  All was done in less than five minutes.

Headshot

I did my annual report at J-Center Mall this last Friday. I had my wife with me, so they didn't ask me anything. The process takes about two minutes. Unfortunately, the waiting times between the different parts of the process take over an hour. All they needed was my ACR-I card. No passport required.

Edited by Headshot

lopburi3

The asking about wife is often made here in Thailand due to people getting the marriage to stay but actually not being in a marriage relationship - for extensions of stay based on marriage she is actually required to appear (illegal working/activities suspected) - this extends to photos of bedroom with couple (not that kind).  So might be more concern in PI these days - perhaps not directly related so much to Western foreigners; but everyone being asked.  

Edited by lopburi3