David_LivinginTalisay

My Annual Report 2018

David_LivinginTalisay

I went to do my Annual Reporting as a Permanent Resident this morning.

This is my report compared to last year.

1. J Centre does not open until 10am, but if ome uses the stairs to get to 2nd Floor and goes to South end of J - Center, then along to the back (East), then  North to Immigration Entrance, that is Open  like 9:30 or sooner.

2. There are no Forms to Fill in.
    Just showed my ACR I card at the smaller Office opposite was given it back with Blue coloured Log, which you take to the bigger BI Office opposite, for Receiving.  Hand in your ACR13A permanent Residence card, and wait for your Name to be called.

3.  The waiting was like 40 min which is much longer last year. 
    I may have gone later in January or early Feb (must check OR from last year).
    But my ACR I Card was renewed and I had to obtain a Waiver and leave Philippines withput it and collect it when I next returned.  
    There were lots of Passports from Foreign students and that was probably/may be the reason for the longer waiting to pay PHP310,

4. Then more waiting (but not as long) to get the ACR I Card and Receipts

• Thanks 2

Woolf

how to get to immigration at j-mall before mall open

drive or walk up at the right of the toyoko-inn hotel  until you get to the parking entrance

you will see a guard there in front of the elevator, the elevator will take you direct to immigration

street view:

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.3345612,123.9337844,3a,49.7y,79.21h,90.7t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY9umL2Qqz4k22KkFyiQeCQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tonny

i catch the elevator just off the parking garage at 8 am it take you to there area . Did Not Fill any forms out for there 13A again this year paid my 310 Pesos and in a hour was out of there,even  with the slow computers and the first day of action.  So not bad.In Aug need to renew my card again been ten years ( two five year 13 a cards )now so  maybe i will get one of those ten year cards there talking about hope so that would make me 88 years for the next 13A ACR card  ,hope i make it  ,good luck !!!!!

• Like 3

RogerDat

3 Post, and 3 different results. Who is correct / most accurate?

• Confused 2

Woolf

what is the difference ????

310 php and less than an hour, that is what I get from the 2 posts

• Like 3

tonny

But that was the first day of the filing season and after the many holidays ,so a little crowded and slow computer. If you arrive in a cab you can walk straight thru the garage ask any body, you see where the elevator is at go there at 8 am they let you ride it to the immigration office OK good luck

• Like 1

SkyMan

Went today.  Not in a hurry.  1130 start, probably the worst time to go.  SRO in the big room.  Went to the ACR room and got in line.  3-4 people in line ahead of me.  Two guys at a desk in unis.  One asks if I'm here for AR.  Yes.  Give me your ACR card.  I had it out but before I could hand it to him he's asking where's my wife?  School.  Did you pay last year?  Every year for 6 or 7 years.  Where's your wife?  She's in class.  Where is your wife?  Klase siya.  (WTF? Never been asked about my wife there before.)  Guy finally walks into the back room.  I go to the other guy to ask a question.  Right off he starts with the where's your wife bs.  Is this some kind of scam fishing for a bribe?  Do they think they can hit her up for a tip easier than me?  What?  First guy comes back with my card and the blue slip and gives them to the second guy.  The other guy asks if my wife's name is------?  Yes.  He writes it on the blue slip and says to go to receiving and then the cashier.  Again, never asked before.  1 person ahead at receiving, 10 minutes later, go to cashier.  4 people ahead but goes pretty quick.  Short wait for receipt.  Whatever you do don't forget the last step which they really don't tell you to do.  Go back across to the ACR card room and give your receipt and card over to be recorded.  If you don't do that they'll have no record of it next year.  So now 6 or 7 in line ahead but after a couple minutes the first guy calls for AR people to give him card and receipt.  And a few minutes later he's calling us out and we're done.  Less than 40 minutes which seems to be the norm if you show up at the crack of dawn or whenever.

The questions I asked the guy are: 

1.  Can I get the ECC-B there or only at the airport.                                                      He said I can get it there.

2.  If I get a new passport, is there anything I have to do there?                                He said I can just carry both passports.  

I was happy with both answers.

• Like 4

Jawny
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Went today.  Not in a hurry.  1130 start, probably the worst time to go.  SRO in the big room.  Went to the ACR room and got in line.  3-4 people in line ahead of me.  Two guys at a desk in unis.  One asks if I'm here for AR.  Yes.  Give me your ACR card.  I had it out but before I could hand it to him he's asking where's my wife?  School.  Did you pay last year?  Every year for 6 or 7 years.  Where's your wife?  She's in class.  Where is your wife?  Klase siya.  (WTF? Never been asked about my wife there before.)  Guy finally walks into the back room.  I go to the other guy to ask a question.  Right off he starts with the where's your wife bs.  Is this some kind of scam fishing for a bribe?  Do they think they can hit her up for a tip easier than me?  What?  First guy comes back with my card and the blue slip and gives them to the second guy.  The other guy asks if my wife's name is------?  Yes.  He writes it on the blue slip and says to go to receiving and then the cashier.  Again, never asked before.  1 person ahead at receiving, 10 minutes later, go to cashier.  4 people ahead but goes pretty quick.  Short wait for receipt.  Whatever you do don't forget the last step which they really don't tell you to do.  Go back across to the ACR card room and give your receipt and card over to be recorded.  If you don't do that they'll have no record of it next year.  So now 6 or 7 in line ahead but after a couple minutes the first guy calls for AR people to give him card and receipt.  And a few minutes later he's calling us out and we're done.  Less than 40 minutes which seems to be the norm if you show up at the crack of dawn or whenever.

The questions I asked the guy are: 

1.  Can I get the ECC-B there or only at the airport.                                                      He said I can get it there.

2.  If I get a new passport, is there anything I have to do there?                                He said I can just carry both passports.  

I was happy with both answers.

Thanks for a useful report.  Odd situation with the request to see your wife.  No mention of this "requirement" in their notice on Facebook or elsewhere. Maybe they are getting suggestions from the nuns doing the Immigration seminar for departing Filipinos. 😀  

I hope other members will share their experiences if it includes the spouse involvement. I expect to do my AR in Tacloban.  At least there it is one stop shopping with no crossing the hall to assure the record is recorded.  

Dafey
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Where's your wife?

You should have asked, "can I just send her next year"?

Busted Dick

Went to Island Mall today to do my 2-monthly visa thing. No AR because I am on a tourist visa although they do charge tourists the AR fee (I strongly disputed this last year at J-Centre; got told to leave).  The AR fee, for me, this year was P300, P10 less than last year.  Whole process took about 7 mins, have to return in a few weeks to collect my replacement ACR card.  On the whole, whilst Island Mall is further from my place, it was much quicker and easier.

Woolf
9 minutes ago, Busted Dick said:

The AR fee, for me, this year was P300, P10 less than last year.

the last few years it has been 300, for me

I think you should try find your receipt from last year

Edited by Woolf

SkyMan
10 minutes ago, Busted Dick said:

The AR fee, for me, this year was P300, P10 less than last year.

Did you pay a legal research fee  -  p10?

Woolf
7 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Did you pay a legal research fee  -  p10?

when you do an extension in jan, feb they add  the 300 for AR

you already pay legal research for the extension so they do not add the 10 php that you pay for the 13A AR

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2

Busted Dick

Correction - AR fee was P300 last year, not P310 as I previously stated; my mistake.  Nevertheless I still don't see why those on a tourist visa, who don't submit an AR, should pay the AR fee.  I asked the girl at Island Mall; she explained that anyone who enters the country between 1 Jan & 31 Oct has to pay it, regardless.  Those who enter between 1 Nov & 31 Dec don't have to pay it.  At least this year I got an explanation even if it's not a helpful one!

Woolf
1 hour ago, Busted Dick said:

Correction - AR fee was P300 last year, not P310 as I previously stated; my mistake.  Nevertheless I still don't see why those on a tourist visa, who don't submit an AR, should pay the AR fee.  I asked the girl at Island Mall; she explained that anyone who enters the country between 1 Jan & 31 Oct has to pay it, regardless.  Those who enter between 1 Nov & 31 Dec don't have to pay it.  At least this year I got an explanation even if it's not a helpful one!

At the 59 day point you are no longer a normal tourist, at the 59 point you are issued a tourist ACR-I card

if you have an ACR-I card you do AR tourist or 13A

those that enter nov 1 to dec 31 , get the ACR-I in the months jan feb and pay for it they also renew ACR-I in jan feb

if stay more than a year