Jump to content
broden

Woman Returns Dead Christmas Tree to Costco on Jan. 4

Recommended Posts

Edwin

A forty dollar refund just got Costco a million dollars worth of publicity. And some of you think Costco is stupid?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SkyMan
9 hours ago, Edwin said:

A forty dollar refund just got Costco a million dollars worth of publicity. And some of you think Costco is stupid?

I bet it was a good deal more the $40.  And while they say any publicity is good publicity, you have to wonder if next year whole forests will return.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesMusslewhite
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

What has chopping down a tree and putting it in your house have to do with Christmas? 

Well your query made me ponder and I let my thoughts wonder as to the true significance of the tree.

For pagans it is seen as a victory.

For luke-warm Christians it shows their lack of scriptural knowledge.

For knowledgeable Christians it is an abomination.

For agnostics it is party time and festive folly.

For atheist it is a time to whine bitch, put on superior airs and openly attack all that is Christian.

All while making many a Jewish merchant laugh all the way to their banks.

other than that probably not much..... :biggrin_01:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
8 minutes ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

Well your query made me ponder and I let my thoughts wonder as to the true significance of the tree.

For pagans it is seen as a victory.

For luke-warm Christians it shows their lack of scriptural knowledge.

For knowledgeable Christians it is an abomination.

For agnostics it is party time and festive folly.

For atheist it is a time to whine bitch, put on superior airs and openly attack all that is Christian.

All while making many a Jewish merchant laugh all the way to their banks.

other than that probably not much..... :biggrin_01:

So, no tree at the Musslewhite home? That's kind of a humbug attitude... Christmas is all about giving (think about what was given to the world the first Christmas). We give gifts in commemoration of what was given to us. The tree just provides a convenient place to gather and exchange gifts. It is just a tradition, and unless you are a Puritan, traditions are a good thing.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colemanlee
7 minutes ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

For agnostics it is party time and festive folly.

Well damn, I finally found out what I am...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesMusslewhite
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

So, no tree at the Musslewhite home? That's kind of a humbug attitude... Christmas is all about giving (think about what was given to the world the first Christmas). The tree just provides a convenient place to gather and exchange gifts. It is just a tradition, and unless you are a Puritan, traditions are a good thing.

    Very true, nor do I do the Easter bunny or Halloween. I just leave to Lucifer that which is Lucifer's.  We lived in Houston and my parents lived in Austin, but our son usually spent x-mas with the folks. I wanted my son to be able to spend the classical experience of time with the grandparents. But this led to tension between my son's grandparents a myself which was humorous, as I have never lied or misled my son. I felt that he should know that he could always trust anything I told him and that I would never misled or manipulate him. This actually saved his life when he was four years old, so I have never regretted doing so, and we still have a very strong bond of trust even today now that he is an adult.

   They wanted to tell him the grand deception of a magical Santa Clause, toy making elves, talking snowmen and flying rain deers. My young son being a rather intelligent 'old soul' would come query me as to the legitimacy or volatility of their grand yarns. Those intellectual exchanges are perhaps some of my more memorable memories of his childhood as I was amazed of his advanced his deductive reasoning abilities actually were. My son decided that he would simply play along with the grandparents as he felt this was something the grandparents obviously really needed for their general well-being. I suspect he realized, why breakup a good thing, and simply decided to ride that pony as long as it was still willing  to trot...  :biggrin_01:

  I understood that the 3rd week of December was the largest pagan festival on the ancient Roman and Greek calendars. It is the 'Festival of Saturn' and marks the 'Winter Solstice'. Yashua  was actually born sometime in the Fall after the final harvest was collected during the Roman censuses and tax collection. Not when the Greeks and Romans were gorging themselves in festive orgies celebrating their god Saturn. The scriptures are quite explicit about not partaking in the pagan practice  of adorning a chopped evergreen tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
broden

i pray we won't make a dead tree in to a thread that ends up having to be moved to an outlaw forum

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
12 minutes ago, broden said:

i pray we won't make a dead tree in to a thread that ends up having to be moved to an outlaw forum

I was the one who asked what killing a tree has to do with Xmas but damn James - it was a joke !!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

I was the one who asked what killing a tree has to do with Xmas but damn James - it was a joke !!

Classic problem with texting - needed a smiley face

"For atheist it is a time to whine bitch, put on superior airs and openly attack all that is Christian."

James. not all of us Atheists are closet  Luciferans or Satanists - most of us accept the right of others to believe in whatever they want as long as that belief doesn't impact others in a negative way. If you look at my "baker" posts you'll not find a more strident endorser of his right to refuse to violate his beliefs.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
broden

i would of expected our forums large druid contingent to be the ones to come out swinging on this thread

but even they have been able to restrain themselves

lets follow their lead

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesMusslewhite
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Classic problem with texting - needed a smiley face

"For atheist it is a time to whine bitch, put on superior airs and openly attack all that is Christian."

James. not all of us Atheists are closet  Luciferans or Satanists - most of us accept the right of others to believe in whatever they want as long as that belief doesn't impact others in a negative way. If you look at my "baker" posts you'll not find a more strident endorser of his right to refuse to violate his beliefs.

Well I did include a smiley face on the end of that post. So please excuse me while I strictly tow the party line comrade and strictly stay on topic.

   I bet next year in California hundreds of Costco customers will be trying to get refunds for their used spent x-mas years, even if all Costco outlets post 'no refunds after 3 days from purchase' signs in and around all their store tree lots. And since a customer had received a refund the previous year there will be protests and plenty of negative publicity generated from the entitlement-hounds, even if they also verbally informed of the refund policy at the point of purchase. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
broden
2 hours ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

Costco customers will be trying to get refunds

i know i'm going to start saving my used wrapping paper

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
5 hours ago, broden said:

i know i'm going to start saving my used wrapping paper

TP too?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert



  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Guidelines and use of We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..