• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Member #1

This Forum is Changing

Member #1

As you have seen, there are changes  in full effect here on the forum. We will use this thread as a conduit to keep you, our members informed. 

We just opened the bonnet/hood  a week ago here and oh shit  , it turns out we had to drop the transmission, pull the engine, and what a mess she was.

Sorry for the bright lights on the new forum theme guys. I hear you. I will fix it for you. If you like dark, we will give you dark. If you like bright, you can have bright. Just give us a little time here. Our pit crew is literally working around the clock here. 

We have accomplished a lot of changes in just the last 24 hours.  Too many to list right now - but if you are a techno junkie, I'll ask the Techno Junkie guys to make a list and publish it when we are all done. Thanks for putting up with some hiccups along the way here.

As we go along, please don't underestimate the power of logging out, clearing browser cache etc. It looks like all of that cache clearing crap is behind us now. So it wouldn't hurt to do that now after you read this post just to make sure you are covered. If you do have a problem with the forum, a good way to 'cross check' things is to try opening a browser you normally don't use (i.e. if you use Chrome normally, try opening Firefox and see if the issue repeats itself there). If you tell me you get the same issue in multiple browsers, that will help me instill into the tech team that we have a genuine issue that needs addressing. These tech guys sometimes need some convincing that their shtuff isn't perfect.  The number one rule here is, don't lose your cool - we will help you through any issue we can. (Just don't ask us to quiet the roosters in your neighbors yard...) 

We have managed to fix a lot of things related to how the internet sees our forum. Some nice surprises have been uncovered and fixed. These things will take time - months really - to take full effect on the forum's inclusion in search results. We care about search results because we want people to find us. 

I do realize that all of you simply want to  login and read messages and participate in the forum. We will take care of you. Your opinion matters here. We also have to move beyond where we are for this forum to grow and prosper.  I want to grow a community here. To grow a community, we need to open our doors. 

We need new members. New discussions. New opinions.

Why else have a forum?

Cheers guys. If you have issues with the forum please post them in the Member's Complaints section.  Or, if you are really frustrated, just post it right here. We will look after you. 

This is your forum, thank you for being part of it! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

Member #1

This might be a bit dated, but maybe it will help you clear your cache...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Aerosick
23 minutes ago, Member #1 said:

This might be a bit dated, but maybe it will help you clear your cache...

Still works for Firefox.

• Like 1

Cebuandrew

I'm confused, and apologize as I often go weeks not checking this forum. There is a new site owner? What happened to Paul? Life goes on.

RangerUp
2 hours ago, Member #1 said:

Sorry for the bright lights on the new forum theme guys. I hear you. I will fix it for you.

Didn't work yesterday but the site looks great with Owl's Dark theme now.

broden
1 minute ago, Cebuandrew said:

What happened to Paul?

have you ever seen the movie Castaway? the one with Tom Hanks

Paul sold the forum

• Thanks 1

Headshot
Just now, broden said:

Paul sold the forum

Yeah, we done been sold down the river. :frantic::frantic::frantic:

• Like 1

RangerUp
4 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Didn't work yesterday but the site looks great with Owl's Dark theme now.

Took a screenshot to show the colors, but also you can see a problem; there are so many big menu borders that the actual post starts around 80% down the page.

tOy0kZ5.png

Member #1
1 minute ago, RangerUp said:

Took a screenshot to show the colors, but also you can see a problem; there are so many big menu borders that the actual post starts around 80% down the page.

Thanks. There is some cleanup and tuning to do (refer to my original post). 

You can get rid of the cookie notification by clicking on "Got it". 

Cebuandrew
10 minutes ago, broden said:

Paul sold the forum

He sold it to Wilson, the soccer ball?? Now, I'm really confused. I loved that movie, but always wondered about Wilson. He just...floated away...kind of like many of us on here in the Phils.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Member #1
2 minutes ago, Cebuandrew said:

He just...floated away.

Buoyancy shouldn't be an issue with him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Member #1

I'll have the tech team get rid of that donation block on the right side there so you guys don't feel like you are walking through Fuente every time you login to the forum... 

We get exposed to enough begging just existing in the Philippines... 

Bear with us... For a while sir... 

• Haha 4

Jester
27 minutes ago, broden said:

Paul sold the forum

What is he going to do now that he is fabulously wealthy? 

• Like 1

shadow
4 minutes ago, Jester said:

He bought a deserted island...

• Like 1

Alfred E. Neuman
8 hours ago, Jester said:

Be the chicken farm king of Cambodia.

• Like 1