tonny

Was at Cebu Phil Health Cebu main office at Golden Peak Hotel  two days ago to check on my friends insurance.While there i had the lady check on my coverage,as i had made a advance payment in July till 2020 ,she looked me up in there computer she said sir you paid up fully to middle of 2020 all good yes we will pay some of your bill if your in the hospital so guess i am covered  OK. As had wait till now to see what would happen  and it seems OK like the manager told me in July .Hope if any body paid the advanced payments and have been in the hospital over night will post there results ,thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Richard K

I just paid mine this last week. I was only able to get a one year policy last year when I applied. I read it went up and was expecting an increase but I paid the same amount as I did last year.. 2400P.
I tried looking up on-line what is covered but it is really vague.

Davaoeno

So before I was paying 2400 a year but they increased it to 17000 a year, but offered a special that I could take advantage of the 2400 rate if I paid for 3 years in advance, which I did - and now they keep charging the same old 2400 ???

Man, I got stiffed again !! 

• Confused 1

lamoe
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

So before I was paying 2400 a year but they increased it to 17000 a year, but offered a special that I could take advantage of the 2400 rate if I paid for 3 years in advance, which I did - and now they keep charging the same old 2400 ???

So did I - wanna bet if we didn't they wouldn't?

• Haha 1

Richard K

I expected mine to go up to that... but I wasn't going to argue the matter...;)

Headshot
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Hey, it was because of you generous guys that they were able to keep the price the same. You should be proud of yourselves for saving a Philippine institution... 

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

• Like 1

Jawny

Just a heads up regarding paying for the insurance. Be sure you keep the receipt.  My BIL ran into an issue because he paid at a philpost location which had no online access.  He received, but misplaced the receipt. Had to make a back payment or no coverage. 

Richard K
3 hours ago, Jawny said:

Just a heads up regarding paying for the insurance. Be sure you keep the receipt.  My BIL ran into an issue because he paid at a philpost location which had no online access.  He received, but misplaced the receipt. Had to make a back payment or no coverage. 

No worries there... My G/F saves every scrape of paper from any transaction ....in less than a minute she can lay her hands on any receipt I need.
When I first got here to live a couple of years ago one of the first things I bought was a water dispenser. The other day I asked her how much we paid for it and in less than 5 minutes she had the receipt.
Good thing too... I'm lucky I can find my toothbrush... 

Richard K

BTW... back to topic. Can anyone give me a brief of what Phil-health actually pays for?
I have heard some really conflicting stories and I cannot seem to find any actual policy guidelines on-line. I tryed getting info from the Phil-Health main office in AC and I might as well have asked them to tell me about how photosynthesis works.....

Jack Rat
19 minutes ago, Richard K said:

BTW... back to topic. Can anyone give me a brief of what Phil-health actually pays for?
I have heard some really conflicting stories and I cannot seem to find any actual policy guidelines on-line. I tryed getting info from the Phil-Health main office in AC and I might as well have asked them to tell me about how photosynthesis works.....

19 minutes ago, Richard K said:

I have been trying to obtain a booklet ( if any) of the road rules here for many years to no avail...Anyway I guess when it comes to basic, commonsense road rules few seem to abide by them. 

I renewed my Phil Health yesterday. Cost 15000 pesos, the current cost being 17000,  but because I am past the use-by-date I received a 2000 peso rebate. I'm still debating whether I will renew it next year.

Jawny

I can’t provide details, but with some effort, a google search will provide some useful info.  A couple of years back I did that and found a variety of sources. Some, as I recall, were news reports about some changes or improvements. For example, I learned there were "Z" packages (if I remember the term correctly). These were like a fixed amount, so many pesos, for a particular treatment. If memory serves me, I learned this reading about some child needing some sort of care (surgery?) which was covered in a "Z" package, but the child was not  eligible.

Another example is the fixed amount for a dialysis treatment, or delivery of a child. 

My MIL spent two nights in a nearby hospital and all charges came to ₽16000 more or less.  With Philhealth the cost was ₽2000.

I believe medications are not covered, so out of pocket. 

One of the main advantages in my view is that having Philhealth gets you in the door as the Hospital knows there will be some compensation.  Otherwise, there is typically a cash deposit required. 

I do not use Philhealth but have family members and employees who do.  

nostress

You can download the PhilHealth apps. You are not covered anymore of the Z-package. Serious diseases. You was before, if you was under 70 years old. Foreigners don't have acces to the Z-packages.

You can also Google what PhilHealth covers. If I remember right it's about 30% of "common" diseases.

Lordblacknail

the reason for the price changes is that you had to renew for three years by a certain date. Otherwise you take the chance of paying P17000 per year. I am paid up until 2020 also.

I have more than gotten my money back from our hospital trips. No problems for me, I like it a lot.

Enuff
the reason for the price changes is that you had to renew for three years by a certain date. Otherwise you take the chance of paying P17000 per year. I am paid up until 2020 also.
I have more than gotten my money back from our hospital trips. No problems for me, I like it a lot.
Clearly it's worth p2k per year, what about p17k?

Any examples you can cite?

Maybe your experience could help some decide if it's worth p17k per year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jawny

I have health insurance which requires a claim to be filed with receipts etc.  Using Philhealth creates a red tape hassle if I have to wait for Philhealth to complete any claim processing.  That is, when I file for reimbursement from my 8nsurwnce, I have to show if any other insurance was used, and provide information regarding what was covered etc.  

For this reason I opted to NOT use Philhealth.

Another way I looked at Philhealth was to consider the coverage itself based upon what is routine care.  For example, in any year, I can expect to have several office calls for my family.  These typically result in some sort of medication and occasionally lab work.  Using that as a start,, I’d consider what sort of discount or compensation 8 could get for these visits.  In effect, is the cost of coverage worth it?  

With the newer rates for non Filipinos as well as the limitations, it seems less appealing.

• Like 1