cogon88

What is this obsession with momo in philippines and the need for closed windows?

Headshot
7 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Seems more like trolling, not just in this thread either.

Jokes on you then.

OK. I get it. You have a personal beef with Tully. Take it to PM. The open forums are not the right place for the hateful remarks you have been making. BTW, it seems like most of your posts have been negative to the point where some might say you have been trolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cvgtpc1

I read somewhere that the CIA would clear the Huk insurgents (pre-NPA) in an area by leaving evidence of aswangs in the area including killing some of the Huks in the fashion the superstition said.  Supposedly really worked.

Edited by cvgtpc1
  • Haha 1

lamoe
53 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Jokes on you then.

Tully is not a Troll - obsessive about some topics with a tendency to pontificate - yes  - same as I am about the US politics.

"The myth of the aswang is well known throughout the Philippines.[2] It is especially popular in the Visayas, southern parts of Luzon, and parts of Mindanao. Other regional names for the aswang include "tik-tik", "bayot", "wak-wak", "sok-sok" and "kling-kling".[3] - "

The Google search all appear to reference this film

Edited by lamoe
  • Thanks 1

Davaoeno
7 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Tully is not a Troll - obsessive about some topics with a tendency to pontificate - yes  - same as I am about the US politics.

You finally posted something I can totally agree with !!  :P    Linc wouldnt be the same without either of you    2   pontificators !!!

lamoe
1 minute ago, Davaoeno said:

You finally posted something I can totally agree with !!  :P    Linc wouldnt be the same without either of you    2   pontificators !!!

Knew I could count on you to not resist making one of your back handed sarcastic compliments.

• Haha 1

Headshot
1 hour ago, cvgtpc1 said:

I read somewhere that the CIA would clear the Huk insurgents (pre-NPA) in an area by leaving evidence of aswangs in the area including killing some of the Huks in the fashion the superstition said.  Supposedly really worked.

That's funny. I wasn't aware that the CIA even existed back during the Huk Revolt.

oztony
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

No need to be confrontational. Tully was just adding to the conversation. That is a good thing on a forum like LinC Forums. There are many languages and dialects in this country. No telling how many use the term "bayot" in place of "aswang" or "wak wak". I don't know, and I'm quite certain that you don't know either.

On Negros Oriental ,as in Cebu, "sabot" means understand ...however on the same island Negros Occidental ..."sabot" means pubic hair , so it is fair to say in some instances that the same word can have different meaning depending on location of use ....Tully's explanation of bayot was a surprise to me ...but without researching and checking I believe it is quite possibly so.... 

2 hours ago, RangerUp said:

Jokes on you then.

Let's all take a deep breath and relax a little here , well worded wit incorporated into the conversation goes further than blunt confrontation of which Tully is too gentlemanly to partake into anyway...

Let's be clever and not rude ....

• Thanks 2

soupeod