• Commercial Banner Advertisers

richard_ost

Best restaurants in and near IT Park

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, David_LivinginTalisay said:

There úsed'to be a ''Moon' Cafe in IT Park , but that was before I was working in China for past 5 years.

Since nobody has mentioned it, has it gone from IT Park?

Still shown on the Google Map?
5a54e2286603e_MoonCafeTheWalkITParkCebu.thumb.JPG.3c7ca3696db942c2f34f622b5badfe74.JPG

It's still there. It's just that some people don't consider it among one of the best restaurants in the IT Park. Same for Casa Verde… 

neptune
On 1/10/2018 at 12:44 AM, Salty Dog said:

It's still there. It's just that some people don't consider it among one of the best restaurants in the IT Park. Same for Casa Verde… 

Mooon Cafe is ok, I find the food a bit bland and not great by any means.  They do however, have very cold beer, which is a plus.

richard_ost

Little update: Left Cebu already but tried some restaurants in IT Park.

Visited:

Social, Shaka, Yakski, Red Lizard, Casa Verde, Soho

IMO Good ones:

Yaksi - Only because of value. Decent food for very low prices.

Red Lizard - "Expensive" compared to fast food, other than that I think very good value. Might have the same recipes as Maya at Crossroads? Never been in Mexico but sure tastes better than any other Mexican restaurant in the Philippines

Soho - Didn't try it but wife did. Said the service and food were both excellent. Only thing she was disturbed by were rich Pinays staying there gossiping over an hour after eating even though the place was full and customers had to wait.

Dissapointments:

Social - Cheeseburger, at best it was average. Service a bit lacking.

Shaka - Goot some BBQ foods, way too sweet for our taste. Service was OK

Casa Verde - Food was below average on several items to go one day. Service was OK.

Other

I went almost everyday to Abaca at Crossroads. Terrific food and service, tried almost the whole menu. I tried also other Abaca restaurants, the Vietnamese at Cybergate and Luncheonette there too. Seems like Abaca has very high standards on everything they do. All the food in all of their restaurants very good, CONSISTENT and service always good. Abaca has higher prices than most places but always worth it. I'd guess the ingredients are also better than average.

Went to Weekend at the Greenery once. Terrific cheeseburger, probably best I've ever had in the Philippines, even the ketchup wasn't ordinary (banana/Heinz) stuff but something much better than average. Beef they use in the burgers excellent. Small portion of fries but very good. Nice selection of local craft beer, turning wheels' beers probably the best Philippine beer. Good/great service.

Tried Das Bierhaus at Banilad Towncenter couple times. Good german food with very good and consistent service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2