richard_ost

Best restaurants in and near IT Park

richard_ost

Hi.

Staying close to IT park. Trying to do research about the best restaurants so I wouldn't waste my time on bad ones while on a short trip here.

So far I've gathered these are supposed to be good (according to opinions/reviews here and other places):

- The (Park) Social

- Casa Verde

Do you have any other recommendations?

Thank you.

neptune
Posted (edited)

Golden Cowrie and Chika An-Sa on Salinas just outside IT Park are better than everything in IT Park.   Casa Verde is good and Hikay is good.  

Edited by neptune
add
  • Like 1

ron100

i was just there for 4 weeks an never found any decent resto in it park now .as befour there was a couple?there is one called, So So,?? i think that was the name ? i think it is bit expensive i have never been, but was on list to try ,its run by the Irish  guy that used to run the kitchen at the social at ayala,

its the first turn right after jollibees and kfc as u first go into the main gate , dead end st

• Like 1

rep1

second Hikay. Just be careful their water glasses have painting fall off.

Golden Cowrie in Ayala served me half-cooked humba once, no more visit from me.

• Like 1

samatm

the sugbu mercado  Food stalls are great.     Pic what you want and eat casually.    Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, US BBQ, Pinoy Grill, Seafood..  Its fun give it a go. 

The nearby Hawaiian Themed place under the big tree is great too... 

• Like 1

CommanderData
2 hours ago, samatm said:

the sugbu mercado  Food stalls are great.     Pic what you want and eat casually.    Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, US BBQ, Pinoy Grill, Seafood..  Its fun give it a go. 

The nearby Hawaiian Themed place under the big tree is great too... 

Everything in the Garden Block area that I've been to:

The Hawaiian themed place is Shaka. Decent food, cold beer, service can be lacking.

I agree that Sugbu Mercado is good fun due to the huge number of choices, but anyone looking for upscale dining need not apply!

Park Social is good and has a fun layout but nowhere near the service, selection, and quality of the Ayala branch.

Baguio Brewing has a small food menu but it's got 20+ craft beers on tap that have new types rotated in semi-regularly. Fish and chips are decent, probably stopping in there tonight actually!

Sushi Boy won't win any awards in Japan but I've enjoyed meals there several times.

There's plenty of choices in other areas within the IT Park. "The Walk" has Casa Verde, Hikay is next door under the Calyx building. Chibori is a bit more upscale Japanese place, closer to the newer Avida 5-tower complex in progress. 

Depending on when you are here: "The Walk" has a large extension with a bunch of new restaurants planned to open in 2018, the fences were finally removed recently and signs are going up for these places.

• Like 2

Davaoeno

Be careful with the Social .  I went there at 12:15 pm and they had a "special" stuck to the entrance door. It said " fish and chips 195"

So I go inside, they bring me a menu , and I ordered the fish and chips

The chips were OK, but the fish was terrible and I didnt eat it . Then they brought me a bill forabout 300 pesos

I told them the sign on the door said 195.   And they told me that was the lunch special which only has 1 piece of fish but they brought me food off the menu which had 2 pieces of fish and it cost 300

To which i replied that it didnt matter because i didnt eat the fish anyway 

then the manager told me that the waitress would have to pay the difference in the prices

at which point i paid the 195 and left and went to Abaca and had lunch !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Headshot
22 hours ago, richard_ost said:

Do you have any other recommendations? 

I would recommend the Pyramid Restaurant there in IT Park. I enjoyed the ostrich steak there.

3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

at which point i paid the 195 and left and went to Abaca and had lunch !

You really can't go wrong with ABACA.

• Like 1

RangerUp
9 hours ago, CommanderData said:

Hikay is next door under the Calyx building.

Calyx has the best restaurant in IT Park: Gusto.

• Like 1

Enuff

I haven't been yet but a restaurant called "Weekend" is getting a lot of good press and reviews recently.

https://www.facebook.com/TheWeekendPh/

• Like 1

RangerUp
38 minutes ago, Enuff said:

I haven't been yet but a restaurant called "Weekend" is getting a lot of good press and reviews recently.

Link to the good reviews?

Goetz1965

I guess many restaurants in Ayala and IT park change their  menus to a lot of "smoked" dishes now ....

• Like 1

USMC-Retired

Should be some good BBQ there now.

neptune
Posted (edited)

Soho Park is good.  Best food I've found in IT park.

Edited by neptune
np

David_LivinginTalisay
Posted (edited)

There úsed'to be a ''Moon' Cafe in IT Park , but that was before I was working in China for past 5 years.

Since nobody has mentioned it, has it gone from IT Park?

Still shown on the Google Map?
5a54e2286603e_MoonCafeTheWalkITParkCebu.thumb.JPG.3c7ca3696db942c2f34f622b5badfe74.JPG

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
Added Map