tonny

SS checks already at some banks in the USA

tonny

MY Credit Union just send me a email alert my direct deposit is in and post to the account, Wow  they are sure sweet,so early HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

• Like 1

Lordblacknail

well mine isn't there. I guess it sucks to be me and USAA. What credit union do you use?

S

SkyMan
2 hours ago, tonny said:

MY Credit Union just send me a email alert my direct deposit is in and post to the account, Wow  they are sure sweet,so early HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Hey, are you an American?.....

smokey

I woke up to having my va already on 29th its friday here but usually it would arrive monday in first

fordtech

Did you g

11 hours ago, tonny said:

Was your 2% raise included?

• Haha 1

SkyMan
7 hours ago, smokey said:

I woke up to having my va already on 29th its friday here but usually it would arrive monday in first

1st of January is always a holiday so that check always arrives in December.

1 hour ago, fordtech said:

Was your 2% raise included?

I can't say for SS but yes for VA so I would assume SS also.

• Like 1

Salty Dog

Years ago, for some tax purposes, the government moved the January 1st military pay date to December 31st.

With the 31st being on a weekend the pay date was moved back to the December 29th. I got mine a day earlier on December 28th, which is common with USAA. They always credit my account a day before the actual pay date.

Paul
17 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Hey, are you an American?.....

Yes, he is.

RogerDat

Wife gets her SS also, and she is not American.

SkyMan
4 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Years ago, for some tax purposes, the government moved the January 1st military pay date to December 31st.

With the 31st being on a weekend the pay date was moved back to the December 29th. I got mine a day earlier on December 28th, which is common with USAA. They always credit my account a day before the actual pay date.

Jan 1 is always a holiday so the this pay is always in December.  You're remembering a different event.  Years ago under Clinton? the payday was moved from the traditional last day of the month to the first of the next month.  This delayed the September 30 pay into the next fiscal year so it appeared to magically save a ton of money having only 11 paydays in the year.  Of course, the following year, October 1st was a Sunday resulting in 13 paydays that year.

47 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yes, he is.

Too subtle a joke I guess.

• Like 1

Paul
4 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Too subtle a joke I guess.

I'm sick and not all here, either.

tonny

YES my 2.2 % cola increase was in the new deposit amount

tonny

Pentagon Federal ,they have a policy that if there is ever a government shut down they will just deposit into your account what ever your retirement check is from the government,till the government is up and running again .Wow what a deal,but i dont know if it still on there web site  but when i joined many years ago that was there policy .