rep1

TV Shows/Series

Headshot
4 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

This program is not allowed on the TV in my house. We do not watch any program with gays/lesbians, or transgenders. We only watch morally healthy programs. 

So ... you don't allow any Filipino programming?  :cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

rep1
On 2/6/2018 at 4:44 PM, Semper paratus said:

This program is not allowed on the TV in my house. We do not watch any program with gays/lesbians, or transgenders. We only watch morally healthy programs. 

Is that what Big Bang is now? It was fine last time I saw.

Did you skip Game of Thrones?! What about Borgias or Rome? They look perfectly moral by that standard.

-

Star Trek Discovery is about to end... Any new ones to watch?

Edited by rep1

Semper paratus
22 minutes ago, rep1 said:

Is that what Big Bang is now? It was fine last time I saw.

Did you skip Game of Thrones?! What about Borgias or Rome? They look perfectly moral by that standard.

-

Star Trek Discovery is about to end... Any new ones to watch?

Big Bang is loaded with moral misfit perverts, I have never watched game of Thrones and never heard of those other shows either. "Ellen"is not allowed on my TV's, nor that fruit on CNN, what's his name, Anderson something. That's my choice. And I don't watch much in the way of Filipino shows either. Again, that is my preference. Cheers. I grew up in the days when it was o.k. to have a gay old time, as in good clean fun. Not these days, that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

lopburi3
9 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

Big Bang is loaded with moral misfit perverts, I have never watched game of Thrones and never heard of those other shows either. "Ellen"is not allowed on my TV's, nor that fruit on CNN, what's his name, Anderson something. That's my choice. And I don't watch much in the way of Filipino shows either. Again, that is my preference. Cheers. I grew up in the days when it was o.k. to have a gay old time, as in good clean fun. Not these days, that's for sure.

The characters in The Big Bang Theory are strange perhaps but do not find any very gay in any sense of the word - and I grew up a long time ago also.   

rep1
11 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

Big Bang is loaded with moral misfit perverts, I have never watched game of Thrones and never heard of those other shows either. "Ellen"is not allowed on my TV's, nor that fruit on CNN, what's his name, Anderson something.

What's Ellen??

Borgias is the story of a medieval Pope who lived an adventurous and wonderful life with happy families!

Rome from BBC portrays the beginning of Roman Empire from the perspective of two soldiers. Feels very real.

Goetz1965

Star Trek Discovery: The first 9 episodes are quite boring - but episodes 10-14 are really good to watch. Unfortunately they dont make sense without having watched the first 9 - but if you go for that its now pretty good.

Black Mirror: A bit like "Twilight Zone" but I found it too boring most of the time. The stories are quite interesting but they could be told in 15 minutes too - so most of the time is just filling scenes. But if you like the idea of "what could happen in the future" than its quite good.

Altered Carbon: Started this yesterday and it looks very promising - a bit like BladeRunner but with much philiosophical background too.

A_Simple_Man
On 2/26/2016 at 5:53 AM, rainymike said:

Grimm

It took me a while to give it a try as it looked like a teenage drama but now that I have tried it I find it is THE best show to watch with my filipina gf.  It is one of the few that we both enjoy and we both enjoy it enough to watch a couple episodes a night.  Seems there are 6 seasons and are half way through them now.  On Philippine Netflix for those who have not tried it yet.

• Like 1

SkyMan
56 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

It took me a while to give it a try as it looked like a teenage drama but now that I have tried it I find it is THE best show to watch with my filipina gf.  It is one of the few that we both enjoy and we both enjoy it enough to watch a couple episodes a night.  Seems there are 6 seasons and are half way through them now.  On Philippine Netflix for those who have not tried it yet.

My wife really likes Grimm and can't wait for the next epi when we have time.  I don't have the heart to tell her the next is the last.  :cry:

We're both losing interest in Vikings and TWD.  I think Vikings jumped the shark after Paris and TWD probably a season or two ago.  Still hanging with the Blacklist but I think it lost some points after he

Spoiler

shot Mr. Kaplan.

Edited by SkyMan

Salty Dog
On 2/6/2018 at 3:34 AM, Enuff said:

I just finished Longmire, great tv series.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great series.

Still haven't watched the final season though.

Salty Dog

I have one show left to finish Star Trek Voyager. A total of seven seasons and 172 episodes.

I think i might watch Star Trek Deep Space Nine next.

Edwin

I just watched season one of The Imposters on Netflix. Enjoyable show about con artists. I hope they have a second season. 

• Like 1

Salty Dog
9 hours ago, Edwin said:

I just watched season one of The Imposters on Netflix. Enjoyable show about con artists. I hope they have a second season. 

I hate it when you get into a series and they up and cancel it after the first season. Often with a cliffhanger, because they expect there to be another season when they filmed it.

• Like 2

Dafey

SP's not gonna like it but the wife and I love the Shameless series from Showtime! I don't know if it's the shock and awe of what the gang will do next or we just feel better about ourselves after watching them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enuff

Amazon original series Goliath starring Billy Bob Thornton was great.

Just finished Riviera starring Julia Stiles on the plane, pretty interesting.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mandingo

Animal Kingdom on TNT is pretty good. 

• Like 1